Tech FAIL Story of the Day

quoted from someone who replied on the article page. made me chuckle

"They call him Flipper, Flipper, faster than lightning,
No-one you see, is smarter than he,
And we know Flipper lives in a world full of ((AHH Sharks!!)) num num num num"

Reminds me of what happened up in Alaska a few years ago, when they released an otter (or maybe it was a seal) into the wild after months of rehab.

The press was there, as where many of the kids from the local schools for the grand sendoff.

As it swam off into the bay, it turned over on it's back & looked back at the people on shore. At that instance, a large killer whale came up from below and ate it.

so this VHF transmitter, it sent video of the attack we can maybe find on youtube?

(oops, was that my outside voice)

Dont know if this was thought of, but dont sharks hunt with or use a form of electro magnetic radar for navigation? Could the dolphin been wearing a big "FOOD" sign?

http://animals.howstuffworks.com/fish/electroreception.htm

that's correct but is the Hammerhead which uses it more intensively. Actually like a metal detector.

When you learn how to use a comma, we'll talk.

Fair enough.
Now, would you reason a little bit and see that seal example they posted over here. Exactly my point why treating animals like human only makes them completely weak and unadapted to an actual natural environment. Thus why is a total waste of resources and time. You want to track an animal you go to its environment and put a tracking device on it like they do with whales. Any biologist with an actual brain knows that taking an animal out of its natural environment and bringing it to a controlled one can radically affect its performance on its former environment. So by saving it in such manner, you are just condemning it to death by incompetence.

Not that im defending PETA....I consider people who support PETA waste of oxygen.

But PETA actually kills over 90% of the animals they take in...just throwin that out there hahahahaha. So the dolphin would have most likely been toast. Tuna sandwiches anyone?

Is not what they do. But how they do it. You know, what you say against what you actually do?

Reminds me of what happened up in Alaska a few years ago, when they released an otter (or maybe it was a seal) into the wild after months of rehab.

The press was there, as where many of the kids from the local schools for the grand sendoff.

As it swam off into the bay, it turned over on it's back & looked back at the people on shore. At that instance, a large killer whale came up from below and ate it.

I remember that one. It was hilarious. I wish I could find it on youtube.

It was hilarious? :( .. I mean the slap in the face it was to the scientist and rehab group is worth a light chuckle, but at the expense of a healthy seal (damn cute animals haha).. kinda takes away from the humor

Yea.. it's fine and dandy laughing at the failure, and the scientist dismay.. but when you realize the humor is at the expense of something's life, it just doesn't feel like a good laugh anymore.

LOL! How do you think they nursed that seal back to health? On a tofu diet? They fed it fish, another living animal. So everyone thinks it's cute feeding seals fish, but somehow they object to a Killer Whale eating a seal. That's hypocrisy. Animal rights is silly nonsense; it's based on our perception of cuteness, and not on the realities of nature.

Do you think giving a puppy a bone or treats is cute? That's one animal eating another. Do you have a cat or a dog? What do you feed it?

Is called humanitarianism or misuse of resources to make us feel good about ourselves with no involvement of an ability called common sense.
That's the reason why I hate PETA.
Much better to invest this money to help actual people help themselves than to treat animals like they were people.
Make an account to what if all this money was invested in space exploration instead.
Animals are part of this world and they can't be ignored.

LOL! How do you think they nursed that seal back to health? On a tofu diet? They fed it fish, another living animal. So everyone thinks it's cute feeding seals fish, but somehow they object to a Killer Whale eating a seal. That's hypocrisy. Animal rights is silly nonsense; it's based on our perception of cuteness, and not on the realities of nature.

Do you think giving a puppy a bone or treats is cute? That's one animal eating another. Do you have a cat or a dog? What do you feed it?

I don't recall saying feeding fish to seals is cute.. nor did I say that one animal has more right to life than another.. I merely said it isn't funny that the whale ate the seal. Nor does anyone (with a brain) laugh when seals eat fish or when fish eat worms..

It's ironic. Is it funny? Not really.

The failure was apparently in not making sure that the dolphin found other dolphins to cruise with for protection. They're highly social animals. There are some interesting comments (marked in blue) below the article along these lines.

Also, "FAIL" is becoming a bit overused and tired. TIRED!

I don't recall saying feeding fish to seals is cute.. nor did I say that one animal has more right to life than another.. I merely said it isn't funny that the whale ate the seal. Nor does anyone (with a brain) laugh when seals eat fish or when fish eat worms..

:rolleyes: You don't get out much do you. I guess you've never been to Sea World. They get the seals to do tricks by feeding them fish, and everyone cheers, laughs, and claps for them. People even buy fish for their kids, so they can feed the seals. All for the public's entertainment.

Animals are part of this world and they can't be ignored.

Animals are also what I eat every day, of course I won't ignore them.

You're being too emotional about this. Regardless of whether or not a cute animal was killed, the irony, unexpectedness, or absurdness of a situation can make it funny as a scenario. Its not like people are cackling about the blood and guts being strewn about the water and manically masturbating to it. Like how, racism and insults aren't funny, but that is what comedian acts are almost entirely based on and what we laugh at.

:rolleyes: You don't get out much do you. I guess you've never been to Sea World. They get the seals to do tricks by feeding them fish, and everyone cheers, laughs, and claps for them. People even buy fish for their kids, so they can feed the seals. All for the public's entertainment.

Yes, but it isn't funny. Its entertaining or cute or interesting.

This dolphin's ironic demise is hilarious, however.

Sea World isn't too far from here.. been there plenty of times. Never seen someone laughing or cheering about the fish getting eaten :rolleyes: it's the tricks being performed.

You're being too emotional about this. Regardless of whether or not a cute animal was killed, the irony, unexpectedness, or absurdness of a situation can make it funny as a scenario. Its not like people are cackling about the blood and guts being strewn about the water and manically masturbating to it. Like how, racism and insults aren't funny, but that is what comedian acts are almost entirely based on and what we laugh at.

I'm not really being emotional. I've stated already that the irony of it is funny at first.. but then you realize the death of the animal and it loses some of it's funny(ness). There are times death can be funny.. for me personally, this isn't one of them.

Back