Team Xtreem @ TankGuys

tsuehpsyde

Supreme [H]ardness
http://www.tankguys.biz/team-m-62.html

:cool:

Big ups to Ozzitron for pointing this out. For those of you unaware, TeamXtreem makes some 1GB modules that run close to DDR600 3-3-3, which nothing else (aside from the exploding ballistix) can do. They also have UCCC gig sticks, BH-UTT gig kits, and basically anything an overclocker would want, and their sticks seem to rival G.Skill in price and performance. Should hopefully keep G.Skill on their toes. :)

Take this for what it is worth ... I gaurantee that anyone who buys this memory will never see their lifetime warranty ... just think twice

Theres a reason why Newegg does not sell this memory and probably never will ...

lw3d said:
Take this for what it is worth ... I gaurantee that anyone who buys this memory will never see their lifetime warranty ... just think twice
you told me this in a PM, and i asked why. you never explained yourself. you better do it now... ;)

also, the micron is my <3, though it's the most expensive too :(

(cf)Eclipse said:
g.skill can't compete with the micron based cronus :D

What happened to objectivity?!

Edit - Excellent prices btw. I paid $150 for my 1GB TCCD kit and $200 for my 2GB UCCC kit.

hehe, until g.skill gets ahold of some micron... ;)

also, tankguys is awesome. selection can be a touch limited cause they're still pretty small, but they have awesome pricing on stuff.

(cf)Eclipse said:
you told me this in a PM, and i asked why. you never explained yourself. you better do it now... ;)

also, the micron is my <3, though it's the most expensive too :(

Yes, I know but I didnt have time to get in to a long exchanging discussion because my system just broke, which I told you about, and I am using someone elses

I have no working systems ... I need to get these systems built ... as soon as that is done I will explain all

I will just say this for now, I refused to do business with them because they would not stand behind their lifetime warranty. They actualy are not in the position to even. They have extremely small stock and I mean small ... once they are gone, they're gone and all those people are on their own

This will not happen to OCZ and Gskill

lw3d said:

Theres a reason why Newegg does not sell this memory and probably never will ...

Most of us would void the warranty in a heartbeat anyway. What's the point of having TCCD/BH-UTT/Micron unless you're going to overclock?

Bona Fide said:
Most of us would void the warranty in a heartbeat anyway. What's the point of having TCCD/BH-UTT/Micron unless you're going to overclock?
well said ;)

but, i still see no proof of what you say. i guess we'll just have to take your word for it now. is it really that much different then when say... ocz cancels the VX line cause the production of utt-ch stops? not really. they'll probably just refund you with a set of similar value.

I am not talking about OC. I am not talking about ' voiding ' a warranty. I am also not talking about years down the road ... thats a given ... I am talking about months

If you were in months of business negotiations with them, you would have all the proof in your emails too. They are a flakey company at best

Please understand I am not trying to encourage you not to buy them, I just want to pre - warn the folks out there. After looking back, I probably just should have kept my mouth shut about all this :)

most people dont run the same crap fo more than 2 years anyways. New Socket M2 is going to be DDR2 based. The whole notion of "lifetime warranties" in the computer industry is bogus. 2 years in this biz = 10 years in most others. Think any company you buy ram from today will still be around in 20 years? Will you still be using their product in 20 years?

Do you use that crusty 1998 P2? If the ram goes out in that, are you gonna be mad? :rolleyes:

Please. Think.

lw3d said:
I am not talking about OC. I am not talking about ' voiding ' a warranty. I am also not talking about years down the road ... thats a given ... I am talking about months

If you were in months of business negotiations with them, you would have all the proof in your emails too. They are a flakey company at best

Please understand I am not trying to encourage you not to buy them, I just want to pre - warn the folks out there. After looking back, I probably just should have kept my mouth shut about all this :)

Hmm... I'm curious about this as well. We've had fairly limited experience with them thus far, but it's been quite positive. When you have some time, do explain, I'd love to know :)

Selecter said:
most people dont run the same crap fo more than 2 years anyways. New Socket M2 is going to be DDR2 based. The whole notion of "lifetime warranties" in the computer industry is bogus. 2 years in this biz = 10 years in most others. Think any company you buy ram from today will still be around in 20 years? Will you still be using their product in 20 years?

Do you use that crusty 1998 P2? If the ram goes out in that, are you gonna be mad? :rolleyes:

Please. Think.

My P2 still works...:p

NEODARK said:
I'm sure he will, as he refers to his P2 as "classic"

It's vintage :cool:

No, I won't be upset at all...I haven't touched it in ages. I just powered it on yesterday to see what would happen. Lo and behold, everything still works!

Those were the original glory days of Intel... :p

I imported some Team Xtreem Cronus with the Micron IC's and the first set had a dead stick. I had no problems with the RMA process and their customer service was excellent. Heck, they even payed for the return shipping (due to the fact I paid quite a bit to get them shipped overseas in the first place). :D

Id like to pickup some Cronus sticks. I wonder when they will be back in stock.

TankGuys @ XtremeSystems said:
Originally Posted by WesM63
This http://www.tankguys.biz/team-xtreem-...on-p-1542.html
is the stuff in this thread. I was about to order some but its back-ordered

Yea, Teem doesn't have any of it in the US right now. However, as I mentioned in another thread, we did call them today and they're trying to ship us some from thier plant in Taiwan. I've already got a pending order for them as it is. You're welcome to place an order now, we will be getting the memory to fill them - it just depends on when Teem can ship it to us.

I'm placing my order tonight :)

(cf)Eclipse said:
they never were. they haven't gotten them in yet.

Heard something interesting from our rep over there too... he said they (the Micron based Cronus) were "limited edition" and that the micron chips aren't even available anymore. He said that essentially once they run out of inventory, they are done, so people will have to look at the Samsung/Infineon versions. They're shipping a few out, but no idea on actual numbers or definite ETA, so we'll have to see.

In the meantime, I'm curious how the other versions do. They're sending us a few sticks to benchmark, one of them being the Samsung based Cronus. One of the mods on our forum is likely going to test them out for us, and once we have some firm numbers I can let you guys know. The timings aren't as tight, and I doubt they'll OC as nicely. Then again, they are ~$50 cheaper.

theres no point if its not micron chips
dammit, I was gonna place an order and then worry about my ballistix later

i have a strong strong suspicion that micron isn't out of the running.. it's not like they'd stop making 64mb ddr IC's binned to 200mhz you know. they'll just replace F with something else, just like how F sorta replaces D.. ;)

Correct there E.. For the poster that was spouting about Team being a poor company that wont be around long and doesnt even value their warranty.. You couldnt be further from the truth or know what is even going on. One of my BEST freinds in the world works for them. He had previously worked for Gskill as well. But the reason they arent avalible everywhere yet is that they are new and have not imported to everyone yet. I personally run several of their stuff. From the UH to the BH5 to the Tccd and ect. Awesome stuff.

(cf)Eclipse said:
i have a strong strong suspicion that micron isn't out of the running.. it's not like they'd stop making 64mb ddr IC's binned to 200mhz you know. they'll just replace F with something else, just like how F sorta replaces D.. ;)

That would be my suspicion as well. The guy at Team just said that those particular sticks of memory would be discontinued, but he didn't say what/if they'd be replaced with. I'm sure they'll fill the hole somehow.

he's acting as a rep for them. not sure if it's an official position yet, i haven't asked him

Back