Team [H]ardOCP iRacing 24 Hours of Spa

OEMs driving station

Couch-Cushion-Fort-031.jpg

It's interesting seeing the two different driving styles. Team [H] seems to drive a bit harder into the corner but it seems like the drive off isn't quite a good as Nathans. [H] can carry more speed through the corner but sometimes it seems like we're a bit late to get back into the throttle. Obviously it's a marathon so it wouldn't be worth pushing it too much otherwise you could really hurt the straight away speed if you had to lift cause it went crooked.

Definitely going to be a long battle as it's just now getting into the 3rd phase. Plenty of time for anything to happen at this point especially with all of the traffic. Hope to see you guys in the winner's circle in the morning!

GO [H]!!!! :)

It's interesting seeing the two different driving styles. Team [H] seems to drive a bit harder into the corner but it seems like the drive off isn't quite a good as Nathans. [H] can carry more speed through the corner but sometimes it seems like we're a bit late to get back into the throttle.

remember that the engine cowl is missing off the [H] car from an early accident, they are down top speed and acceleration and are burning more fuel

remember that the engine cowl is missing off the [H] car from an early accident, they are down top speed and acceleration and are burning more fuel

Yea I see that, which definitely does impact the drag once you get moving. I'm not sure how much aero would play in the middle of a corner. What I'm guessing probably has the bigger effect is if the fuel map is more conservative to make up the loss in fuel economy, so he might be getting back into the throttle earlier than what it seems like.

Adam is definitely nailing it through the sweeping corners, so that's certainly helping with keeping a good pace!

We're actually having to run the most aggressive fuel map to claw back what speed we can get. We're getting killed on fuel strategy.

It'll be close.

How are the "specs" for the various cars determined before the race starts?

Stream fell off. We'll get it back up when Johndub is out of the car.

great going, just like last time!

speaking of which, you got boop'ed on the last lap then, what ever came of this?

Great job guys. I'll take you up on the sister car. Would love to be a part of this. :)

Congrats on the win! Pretty badass winning the race with a car that was damaged at the second hour in.

Congrats guys!!!

Now you can thank your sponsors and when you said you weren't sure what you were going to do next, you meant to say you're going to Disney Land!!! :p

FYI the wall hit was right around 8:12am EST, or just a hair over 1 hour left. I think you finished at 9:20am but I didn't pay exact attention to it.

@OEM: Loved the Donuts!

Well done! Thanks for sharing with us. I really liked seeing the first person view -- made it seem much less like a game than the overhead one.

I'm impressed. You guys are definitely a good team, and have a great strategy worked out.

I think it is time for them to move up to heavier competitors

starting to expect OEM to wake up and come bask in his glory a bit

A most excellent win! Congratulations!

I'm stuck being atrocious at this game, but one of these days, I'll actually finish a race without incident.

I think it is time for them to move up to heavier competitors

starting to expect OEM to wake up and come bask in his glory a bit

Heh, I won't do that. These things are awesome when they go as planned, but with 52 other cars on the track sometimes you have no control over what happens.

We like to remain humble.

And thanks for all the congrats. It's still hard to believe that we did that for 24 hours straight as a team and won.

Its surreal when it's a simulation game, couldn't imagine winning it for real.

I'm tired. I've slept 5 hours since 5 am Saturday morning. I didn't really sleep that well Friday night, either. I was so freaking nervous and excited all at the same time. I just texted the other two on group chat, neither have responded. They normally respond quick...they're probably sleeping. lol

A most excellent win! Congratulations!

I'm stuck being atrocious at this game, but one of these days, I'll actually finish a race without incident.

What license level are you?

I ended up having to work this weekend, so I missed the race, but congrats! Can't wait til you guys race again.

Back