Team Fortress 2 is now free on Steam

Direfox

[H]ard|Gawd
Check it out. Just go to your Steam Store page and it up there in big bold letters. ;) Of course almost every has this now from orange box or weekend deals.

I just logged on to post this :) Makes me jelly I bought it when it was new but DAMN I have a lot of hours logged :D

I just logged on to post this :) Makes me jelly I bought it when it was new but DAMN I have a lot of hours logged :D

Don't be too upset, the free version is slightly gimped. You can only hold 50 items instead of 300, you can't trade, you can't gift, you can't find hats, etc.

Whew...and the free version doesn't come with the millions of hours we have all logged already :p

Just finished playing it some after the update and wow are there bugs galore. For those who enjoy the game but cant stand the bugs hang in there...this thing isn't normally so glitchy. Is anybody else experiencing problems?

Just finished playing it some after the update and wow are there bugs galore. For those who enjoy the game but cant stand the bugs hang in there...this thing isn't normally so glitchy. Is anybody else experiencing problems?

Problems: 45 minutes to update. Can't connect to the items server so I can't change my loadout. Ping is good but still getting grazy lag.

I'm downloading it. 7 GB ... yikes! I hope AT&T's BW cap will forgive me. :eek:

It's one of those games that goes on sale all the time. I snagged it in the Orange Box a long while ago. Got it for my buddy a couple years ago for 20 and he's hooked. It was just a few bucks a few days back and now it's freeeeee....mmmmm freeeeee.....

Idk. Steam's jumping whole hog into these F2P games. Since TF2 is somewhat a major concern for Valve, you think they would have waited to see what happened with their other F2P games.

Also the other F2P games are going to be diluted with people trying them. They should have introduced each of the F2P games one every 2 weeks, so they each have a fair shot of generating interest. Most of the original F2P games probably are suffering from low player numbers. Now with F2P for TF2, any chance of sparking interest in those games is probably gone.

Mine finally finished downloading. I was maxing out my DSL's capability, so I can't blame it on their servers that some people on SD were.

They did. Next time you die you will get a free hat if you haven't already.
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Proof_of_Purchase

go it thanks :D

10oll7d.jpg

Idk. Steam's jumping whole hog into these F2P games. Since TF2 is somewhat a major concern for Valve, you think they would have waited to see what happened with their other F2P games.

Also the other F2P games are going to be diluted with people trying them. They should have introduced each of the F2P games one every 2 weeks, so they each have a fair shot of generating interest. Most of the original F2P games probably are suffering from low player numbers. Now with F2P for TF2, any chance of sparking interest in those games is probably gone.

These other F2P games on Steam aren't Valve's concern... it doesn't develop them, only distributes.

This should have been done earlier considering how much money they make off the cash shop.

Does anybody actually buy the stuff though? lol

what I bought yesterday:
Industrial Festivizer (I spent 1k+ hours in BC2 and refused to pay $6 for the specact kit but paid $7 for this hehe)
Horrific Headsplitter
Medic Quick-Fix (didn’t like it because when I activate the ubercharge the player color doesn’t turn to metallic so he doesn’t know it’s on)
meet the medic Taunt (2 days back I was playing in my favorite map double cross and saw a blue ghost healing nearby players and thought this will transform me to it, after buying it I found that it’s a useless animation and that what I saw is the ghost of Harvest Event halloween map)
supply crate key (I had a lot of crates and wanted to see what will happen when I open one of them, I thought it’ll unlock many items but it just gave me a spy gun (I don’t even know how to play with spy) and I later found that I already had a key hehe)
pink paint can (to paint the Horrific Headsplitter :D )

I don’t really play the game but I like it and wanted to show some support and compensate the hundreds of hours I spent in counter strike non-steam servers in the past.

Well slap me stupid then hahah They definitely have some cool stuff in those stores I just don't know if I could buy it. Can you trade what you buy in store?

Forgot how much fun this game was...the stupid comments the character makes, the heavy going batshit crazy with an uber streak, singing and screaming. Played way too late last night with a friend. :(

I downloaded it but haven't played it yet. Maybe I should on a rainy day (not that we'll have one of those in TX 'til September'ish).

Well slap me stupid then hahah They definitely have some cool stuff in those stores I just don't know if I could buy it. Can you trade what you buy in store?

no I just noticed that all shop items are not tradable and if you use a non-tradable item to craft a new one the new will also be untradable.

no I just noticed that all shop items are not tradable and if you use a non-tradable item to craft a new one the new will also be untradable.

Not only is stuff bought from the store non tradable it's non craftable also. As I found out after buying a bunch of stuff....

Back