Team fortress 2 $16.14 + Free shipping or $6 After GCO

lol its alright. Everyone says its one of the best games out right now, but ionno it doesn't seem like it for me

lol its alright. Everyone says its one of the best games out right now, but ionno it doesn't seem like it for me

yeah I bought orangebox and really dont play it at all after a week of playing TF2 i was bored with it. I guess you either love it or dont care either way LOL.

the devs need to fix the achievment crap, one class at a time does not cut it. It should be all or nothing. Other than that it's tied with COD4 for my favorite game right now. Finding good servers with team players is key to TF2.

are most of the tf2 fans old tfc heads or are they new to the team fortress world? i played tfc recreationally but i feel like tf2 took away much of the sublty that made tfc shine.

are most of the tf2 fans old tfc heads or are they new to the team fortress world? i played tfc recreationally but i feel like tf2 took away much of the sublty that made tfc shine.

And then there's us old fogies that laughed at TFC as we grew up with Quake TF bunny hopping around the map at 1000 MPH....

TF2 depresses me... The pyro is rediculously overpowered... I was happy they finally increased splash damage for solider recently - gawd was that needed, it was a 50/50 shot if you could rocket jump up to the balcony on 2fart5... And then the HWGuy's minigun seems a little weak to me...

I grew up on MegaTF though, so my views are a bit skewed any way you look at it... "Are you threatening me????"

However, quake TF is dead, and TF2 blows TFC out of the water, so i'll probably buy it - i've been using a freinds account for a while enough to justify the purchase...

maybe.... If rock band was out for the wii right now i'd not even consider TF2

And then there's us old fogies that laughed at TFC as we grew up with Quake TF bunny hopping around the map at 1000 MPH....

TF2 depresses me... The pyro is rediculously overpowered... I was happy they finally increased splash damage for solider recently - gawd was that needed, it was a 50/50 shot if you could rocket jump up to the balcony on 2fart5... And then the HWGuy's minigun seems a little weak to me...

I grew up on MegaTF though, so my views are a bit skewed any way you look at it... "Are you threatening me????"

However, quake TF is dead, and TF2 blows TFC out of the water, so i'll probably buy it - i've been using a freinds account for a while enough to justify the purchase...

maybe.... If rock band was out for the wii right now i'd not even consider TF2

You should buy it, its quite fun. Methinks you need to play it more (and I don't mean this in a bad/snobby way), because most everything you just said about the tf2 characters was completely wrong :)

Yup, former Quake TF and TFC junkie right here. Didn't play Quake nearly as much as I played TFC, and I haven't gotten to play TF2 as much as I'd like to. I think maybe a couple of hours in the past month. I stopped playing TFC when they got rid of bunny hopping.

Can't really compare the games, especially TF2. Drastically different, though they all follow the same basic premise.

Yup, former Quake TF and TFC junkie right here. Didn't play Quake nearly as much as I played TFC, and I haven't gotten to play TF2 as much as I'd like to. I think maybe a couple of hours in the past month. I stopped playing TFC when they got rid of bunny hopping.

Can't really compare the games, especially TF2. Drastically different, though they all follow the same basic premise.

Agreed.

So... I have a couple gripes about TF2...

1 - no grenades... um.... ok - that takes a HUGE element out of the game.

2 - pyro is extremely over powered - Get lit on fire once and it takes about 1/4 of you health. Get hit for about 1/2 a second and you're dead. This is just wrong.

3 - no "drop1" or "drop3" commands which allowed for spike traps, lava pools, flash traps, etc. Again, for those who don't know, each class in quake TF had a special "drop" which acted as a cool trap. The spy could drop an ammo bag that would steal your ammo, so you could just walk up to anyone, drop your ammo bag on them, then proceed to stab away, knowing your knife greatly overpowered theirs.

4 - melee weapons are way too overpowered.

5 - like I said - they fixed splash damage - FINALLY.

6 - the sticky bombs are funny to me because after John Carmack released the source code, the developer of MegaTF (a quake TF mod) tried to get the community together on a standard engine which did away with bunnyhopping to make the classes fit more into the scope of things - HWGUY = slow, SCOUT = fast. Oh yea - back to the sticky bombs - before, there were just pipe bombs you could detonate - he made sticky bombs back in 2000. MegaTF2000. It didn't catch on - the community couldn't agree on a standard engine - there were too many different modified engines that ran different on different vid cards.

7 - NO ARMOUR... Ok - this one just gets to me hard core... a scout should have ABSOLUTLY no chance in the world against a solider and should not even try, yet 2 or 3 shots can take a soldier down. A solider, HWGUY, demoman should all have armor that would protect against this.

Armour makes things right. No armour = big mistake.

8 - critical hits - VERY lame. Nuff said.

9 - medic doesn't poison a target on a melee hit. Blah!

10 - I just realized this is the hot topic forum. Sorrry!!!! I typed too much to not post ;)

Um, you obviously don't play TF2 if you think Pyro is overpowered, they are arguably the weakest class. And yes a skilled scout should be able to take on a soldier or demo, its call class balance.

This is Team Fortress 2

Not Team Fortress Classic 2

TF2 != TFC2

You expected TFC2... :rolleyes: ... TFC died, because the elite bunny-hopping, grenade spamming douche's took over the servers, ruining the game for 90-95% of the people playing it... Valve designed TF2 for the masses, and it's still insanely fun...

i'm going to have to agree w/ aznpxdd, pyros are horribly underpowered. I could kill more ppl w/ a medic than a pyro in a single round, being at point blank range against any class makes them the hardest class to use. ur only chance of killing any nonnoob/nonreloading class would b that they're not at full health, because if they are, ur @#$%ed.

though if ur uber'd :D now thats a completely different story. every class is @#$%ed. less they're scout and run away.

now that schools over for the summer I am remembering just how freaking amazing this game really is. So well balanced except for the pyro being weak.

To the above post regarding them doing achievements for one class at a time..they did this because this whole idea is new to valve and they wanted to test it out to see the checks and balances of the game. If this game wasn't as balanced as it is now it would have MAJOR issues. Seems to me like the new medic achievements/layout has urged some people to play medic more, which gets more heavies in the game..which makes more chaos! Time to go spy ;)

Back