Team 33 [H] DC T Shirts

I agree. the black looks tons better. What does the total cost approximation look like for both white and black?

White was $14 and black was $21 for one, plus a health discount for a first-time order ended up being something like $16.80 for a black one (didn't go that far with the white one.) That was the better/more expensive of the two t-shirt options. It was also way less a couple days ago - some sort of promotion or something. And, there is a Swagbucks deal with Vistaprint - no idea what it ends up being though.

Well, you would think it would be easy to share the design, but I am not seeing it. I ordered a shirt + a mouse pad, but I do not see any way to share either. Stay tuned...

Let me know once it goes live for order, how much was the mousepad again?

I'm loving the black shirt with the red and gold. I'd like to chip in to purchase some for the DCOTM awards. It would be nice to start with DCOTY 2016. Is there a staff member willing to take the funds from me for the purchase and distribution?

Let's wait and see how these turn out before we start ordering more. I placed an order yesterday for a black shirt and a white mousepad. According to my brother, who has ordered apparel from Vistaprint before, I should have my items early next week even with the cheapest shipping option. FYI, my order with shipping was $31 - I guess I am not surprised it is that much for a one-off custom item, but some might be.

I'm also looking into a local screen printing shop that does some work for a local fishing club. I have seen their stuff, and it a really nice. They might be a better option if we ever want to buy volume.

If anyone has any other options to try out, go for it. I'm not in love with Vistaprint or anything. I just knew I could get something pretty quick from them.

Hey Musky, I redid it for the shirt. its a 12 x 12 @ 172 dpi and is transparent for any color shirt. It is a raw .psd logo and I tried it at Vistaprint and worked fine.

test1.JPG

Attachments

• HDC-shirtlogo1.zip
    856.4 KB · Views: 46
I was messing around with mullet's high-res version - which looks awesome, by the way - at teespring, which may be a better option for this since we can do more shirt colors, along with tanks, hoodies, long sleeve t's, and a few other things. Plus, I can actually set up a "store" easily there, which I can't for the life of me figure out how to do at vistaprint. Here are some t-shirt colors i thought were cool-looking:

teesprint-black.png
teesprint-blue.png
teesprint-red.png
teesprint-green.png
teesprint-purple.png
teesprint-white.png

I really like the store idea. If we can get permanent links to just go and purchase what we like when we want the convenience factor goes through the roof.

I really like the store idea. If we can get permanent links to just go and purchase what we like when we want the convenience factor goes through the roof.

This and the fact that nobody has to float the money up front to get inventory nor have to juggle order taking and such...

Well, teespring is kinda funky, but I think it will work. You set up campaigns, which last for from 3 days to a couple weeks. At the end of the campaign, the items go to print and ship. So you receive your items 10-14 days after the campaign ends, and not immediately after you order. I think we can make this work, but know what you are getting in to up front.

For those adventurous sorts, I have a campaign running now that ends at midnight this Wednesday night. The shirts are $14.25 for a Hanes Tagless Tee, which is the zero profit price. I forgot to adjust the tank price and I don't see a way to modify the items available, so I would advise not buying those right now - or let me know so I can reimburse you to ~$5 or so profit that is included. The sticker was kind of an add-on thing - go for it if you want - white was the only background color option, and it is also a zero profit item. I ordered two shirts, and here is the receipt, shipped to Madison, WI:

1 L Gold Hanes Tagless Tee $14.25
1 L Deep Forest Hanes Tagless Tee $14.25
Tax $1.43
Shipping $5.99

Total $35.92

I have no idea what these look like or anything, so ORDER AT YOUR OWN RISK. I do have a couple Hanes Tagless Tees, and they are decent light-weight t-shirts IMO. The pictures I posted are the same items, and they look good there. Don't forget to pick your size and color (white is the default, which i doubt you want.)

https://teespring.com/hard-dc-shirts

According to the site, you will have your order before Christmas with the campaign ending Wednesday night.

If this works out, I can set up an auto-relaunch, so it would sort of work like an online store.

I'm getting two shirts, one black, one grey, and two each of the stickers. I think the white background will work for the stickers, considering my car is white. :D

musky, how does the shipping cost scale? I haven't had time to look at the site yet.

musky, how does the shipping cost scale? I haven't had time to look at the site yet.
No idea - I can tell you what the one order I placed cost, but I have no idea beyond that. I suspect that the $5.99 is a flat rate up to some quantity of merchandise, but that is a guess.

From the site:
Shipping costs $3.99 for the first apparel item and $2.00 for each additional apparel item.

Read instruction??? BLASPHEMY!!

Thanks Core32. I obviously didn't pay any attention, nor did Gilthanis.... :)

not true... I clearly stated that I had not had time to check the page out yet...

Just a reminder that this is the last day you can order a t-shirt from the pilot campaign on teespring - https://teespring.com/hard-dc-shirts.

Assuming the shirt look good, I will re-run this campaign after Christmas - so this isn't the final chance. But if you want a shirt before Christmas, this is the last day to order.

These are all from vistaprint, NOT teespring.

w4QQ8s4Rdm1Al0DX8PHXPguFfYgWfpjputwSsJXhsPXwKpquTQtA4Wa0mITfTVfz1SvyYorYmPBHu6fL2voKOH1t8AnOC6DXemrK5eX3QO2Ik4gK4UXdxa8a3Ru8VwfPieAplyUlMYMAWYwugQ6O4LccWNC80IndMwBRnqaS0YJBsS9kH7QX8ZxEWlWyFFuOy5eTsMZZnhiucgHQZ7bAaqIm6yAhnSam0Uvs9b2MKs88pKsNMVrcVV5VeeZx6mRYRDG9_6WskLAJTQLVZoj_5STnQHm9uUmGdvrwC2zBkZJYoxPeY8Y8jVkeDwoOWw4ag-SBzPL9K2_WGe7fgWa_vcApHr_0SFd2V3Y-l-pWpjBmLfdRO5TpWvgJ8sqE4ehE8oxfAPIQPeIee0FwZP9e3EDN5uRtpvyzeENMLClZwLVeVp2yMJboK3faZHjxdI2jUhOTTHAFrsQpNBFdQtxj_ByM6Xpv7modEgizmJWaLs-jCfSqc0XfxeHND0hVh0LpSPvpmWDsXtxIwdJhQyKd8sBgqdGQrikwZMGCSw-P0FGSE80SvsNwIuK5Wvx-gT0ZvMgMIXzS7pM674ykMxMr09h3kV9PvAGSCe-sJxkkSJHGUKxQb9kQDHRfa6Js_9lcUDBT0-s75jt2T6jzRgmgsjLqBuM4BZsb5518ltIoOA=w1307-h735-no

Shirt:
h

Mousepad:

8cvq4SmsVtKuFLleRY9L9KX1tg5dOxh7krWO9PwwFmqm77teuwKk8FHGm43kdEHS2Bp-t311wUxDkj4RgKlsgRTWIW1va0yjcEs5OQvFLNXILNVnpQc-3t8mO36ByvnPvI3fVmxt4dMkTXsPHxez1UzPMtoIWnnbhr7olE5bfJ308jNfPFkiRFr3uynXykbaAHLp27ZxETw3wWTu11LCfO6B2utcDd-XT_flCsJlGACJayFzQX4jV3oLt88OeB71qQME7O7WS11iiBg-yrlxvUuFT2_U17MOVZwbd0-VzEeljxwTpgmfY19gV1muMmCMN6f6zL0LIF9Ye266w0Ig6ApGQQvX5iYFoaO7-MKXNciJFbnE_kbrwWWk9iv5rlCMMHbxsUN2juJ09QNufdU4ahZ7dWocX74GiY2sk0XYI6_bw7dZgD0Xw9fGnjEk16vQ_3bqInbi4yU13sbLQwH4QsfmYCVnkd6ASo1LGP0CUz2vR0xmFSMS7jMia9bbJEx7Mtkuw5iXj5zWmYbhy0l2r2bxaeT4Vh_vul4KFlz8jYq7tj7CWjLpbhzU-gzf3th4BjLlhhisbP3vsAjg5hWFIv7uIc8gVUWI7PT07I23jiOT1tjg2C9QhmTxDEErsVawCgJ8gnUhoJ4I9cmqDLnuj4IAU6OlvxiVSUN49HCPtA=w1307-h735-no

The gradient looks better on the mousepad, but they both look pretty nice. This was even with a lower-quality graphic than I used for the teespring shirt, so I expect them to look even better. This is the higher quality standard t-shirt from vistaprint, and it is a pretty nice, 100% cotton shirt. It seems a little small for the size, although I suspect it is more that the shirts I am used to run a little big. It does exist, though - which is a good start.

se_b1-vfONeFYXCuV8oo-9IJ4_NjqxuDQm9u_bzocY7qT6pTHoQkECtT2N-5p4N4A3M0wWZbfrMcK1YEtYT0ZleO78hFxdd6tmni39KWIIW4XY6CdAM7LlYabvLvSh15dHOPKyY4ADuTSS3iUdA4UbfVhF4H8EnXcOXTjfYc29YZSKJS9B1JKJR3oUiC_alTNRBFYsUAz1LcLG7XiVZqJB42M9aNKfEKwx7TolA_vCuzTczDnZCRKvkXaF9jp17BhADZWvmFf7pimL6oRbHt4RqXy4iqeW4W609QGgFMcslJpD-4AREMhMtULdhQWvBS379DSxdAKSoKLi1j-mJExmVMp0lkUaV-eo0gKo3x_EJtETNStwScVD0gyoxBMK_iRRcbSglBHVfRhD7KkAGNHbmkkdGs8ggibV9X-xGgX1VoUPnvm1sdbGpTeRCkScvDB8YHTBE9ie_a4Vx-jnbn9JF8GHvDj5SIUIYryWyxJuE-Rn5yzgiM89VGpSjPPJKyiQmo3dve-BQ1H_Qv1IqC0stWPQzWPGKTMiaKmN7jsy1HggZZJHDIovFX2v3Ss2gRVCAHCP6GxwGN1LrDtevPuZXmS7TiE8-EvRSSUV0nsG6tTQtBHQt6x-gh98cogZKfgYhngyCUs6Kwv-8AzyxRDRmB0Le8IyeHjBxMMj4jeg=w552-h735-no

horrible. the mouse pad came out okay but they didn't even use the PNG for transparency they must have converted it to something else from the white outline around the drop shadow.

As I said, that was from the original version i just copied from your forum post and not the higher resolution one. Might that be the problem? The teespring ones were from the latest file.

Yeah even with a super low rez they still didn't make it transparent (the white outline). I am not sure what happened. Vistaprint will take the .psd which is raw photoshop format so I don't know. I hope the others turn out better.

The shirt arrived today. The quality is A+. A huge thanks is in order for MGMCCALLEY and musky and mullet for getting it done.

Thank you guys :)

Last edited by a moderator:
My black and gray shirts both came in, and they look good even after the first wash. The stickers came in, too, and they're nice, although they do run to the borders left and right pretty closely. Now what to tag with them? Hehe. And scobar, I didn't do much, I just got the conversation started again. I'm happy to be a small part of the group, though, and thanks to everyone who was involved. I really like the team spirit. And I'm pretty stoked to see that the F@H and WCG progress is ramping up again for winter. I never thought I'd be so happy to watch my teammates pass me up in ppd.

The line of shirts has been re-launched.

Edit: I moved the logo up a little bit and got the cost reduced in the process. Those that just ordered may want to cancel and re-order to save a few bucks.
https://teespring.com/H-DC?bjqyx#pid=2&cid=2397&sid=front

Get them while you can.

I used this code TS10327207 for 20% off. I have no idea how long that code is good for.

Last edited:
Back