Team 33 [H] DC T Shirts

m33pm33p

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - August 2013
We were sitting in IRC today discussing the idea of a Team 33 [H] T Shirt and quite a few people said they would be in for one. I currently have a contact that we use at work that does shirts Id be willing to set it up so that we could have them made. I believe the last time I checked on prices anything under a 200 shirt order came out to about $25 a shirt + shipping of course. Id think we would each be looking at about $28 a shirt. If somehow we were able to account for over 200 SHIRTS the price would be a few bucks less as the company eats the setup cost. Just to reiterate, the shirts would be AT COST + whatever shipping is. We stand to make nothing from this other than free advertisement for [H] and DCing in general (Which is a great thing in itself)

If we have enough interest I personally have no problem setting this up and Bob_Dole on IRC has graciously volunteered to oversee the shipping of the shirts to members.

Here is where the rest of you come in.

I myself am not an artist by any means, however I assume we have to have at least a few in our ranks. The overwhelming majority thought it would be a good idea to turn to the forums and see what others could come up with then once we had enough results we could vote on 1 design and that would be the design we bring to Kyle. I have personally PM'd Kyle about using the [H] emblem and the [H]ardforum name and he wants to see a final draft before he gives the go ahead.

The shirts are NOT ONLY for Team 33 members, anyone can buy one, however we would like to keep the shirts DC/Team 33 related. Obviously because we fold for [H] that would need to be incorporated as well (if Kyle buys off on it). Maybe something with the major projects we participate in along with some team 33/[H] logos?

Any submissions can be placed here and once we have enough or they stop coming in, we can vote as a team. Ill also answer any questions I can. Once Kyle buys off on the design I will see about a final price.

Last edited:
YESSSSSS!

Kyle has been very resistant to general [H] shirts, I guess it has been a clusterfuck pain in the ass for him every time they have done it.

I think we are pretty lucky that, as the baddest folding team on the planet, he trusts us to do this.

My input;

shirt has to be black

has to have a big ass dark red [H] on it

Reactions: whatk
like this
Maybe give the [H]ard DC'er of the month/year a freebie... ;)

Reactions: whatk
like this
Would it be possible for get your quantity discount, if you did a folding / DC graphic on the back and still left the front for Team logo? Then other teams could help drive up the quantity. I know over at EVGA, we have talked about this for years now.

Does your guy compete on price with other sites that don't have minimums? http://www.customink.com/lab?PK=04604

A quick generic design to get pricing said:

Qty All-Inclusive Price

1 $24.75 each $24.75 total
10 $19.27 each $192.70 total
25 $12.62 each $315.50 total
100 $8.73 each $873.00 total

FREE 2-week delivery by Fri, Oct 25

1-week rush by Fri, Oct 18 — Add 25%

And I'm not trying to threadcrap...just wondering because some companies do that to get the business.

Last edited:
Would it be possible for get your quantity discount, if you did a folding / DC graphic on the back and still left the front for Team logo? Then other teams could help drive up the quantity. I know over at EVGA, we have talked about this for years now.

I like it, a protein and a folding slogan on the back, team specific tag on the front

would be tres' cool

Does your guy compete on price with other sites that don't have minimums? http://www.customink.com/lab?PK=04604

A quick generic design to get pricing said:

Qty All-Inclusive Price

1 $24.75 each $24.75 total
10 $19.27 each $192.70 total
25 $12.62 each $315.50 total
100 $8.73 each $873.00 total

FREE 2-week delivery by Fri, Oct 25

1-week rush by Fri, Oct 18 — Add 25%

And I'm not trying to threadcrap...just wondering because some companies do that to get the business.

Not thread crapping at all imo. This is all open for discussion.

This is pretty much how the company works as well. I certainly don't HAVE to use my guy, (Not really "my guy" per se, this is just a company Ive used before and have contact info of) I just happened to be the only guy in IRC at that time that had dealt with this before. Im all for trying to do it the cheapest way we can. I would however want to make sure these are quality shirts at this price and as far as that goes, Ive used these people a few times for a few commands emblematic.

At the time I really just want to get the design and Kyle's permission flushed out. Then we can work on the money/printing issue.

Great idea's on the design's. We will eventually need an actual rough draft of the design to bring forward though. Just something to keep in mind.

EDIT: Let me reiterate guys, Kyle has NOT said yes atm. He has also NOT said no. His reply was, and I quote, "I would need to see the final design."

EDIT 2: While the Idea of bringing others teams in is a good one. Please note. The company would end up shipping en mass to the buyer. It is then up to me or whoever gets the shipment to ship these out to the entire team. I personally dont feel comfortable doing this outside our team as this is quite a bit of work. If we are going to do this I would like to keep it team 33/[H] related.

Last edited:
It's a nice thing to have to support the team and kinda "advertise" team 33 fah.

Our team - VGT - has already got ours done awhile back.

It's a nice thing to have to support the team and kinda "advertise" team 33 fah.

Our team - VGT - has already got ours done awhile back.

Got a pic? :D

Also, some sites may be willing to send out a sample if a large order is being shopped around. Couldn't hurt to ask..

I would almost ask for two versions. Possibly one saying proud member of the [H]orde and one saying a proud member of the [H]ard Commandos

Got a pic? :D

Also, some sites may be willing to send out a sample if a large order is being shopped around. Couldn't hurt to ask..

I would almost ask for two versions. Possibly one saying proud member of the [H]orde and one saying a proud member of the [H]ard Commandos

Break out the etch-a-sketch :D

Im really open to anything. I'm just going to have a lot of time off soon and don't mind doing it. Whatever gets voted in, and with enough support, will be what we end up getting.

EDIT: I see what youre saying Gilthanis. I always assume anything [H] is team 33 and obviously you guys' stuff isnt. Id certainly like to see something that is tailored to all of us here.

EDIT 2: We could always see if we could get someone to mock up something that portrayed all of the major DC teams we have with some kind of slogan and picture for both.

Break out the etch-a-sketch :D

Im really open to anything. I'm just going to have a lot of time off soon and don't mind doing it. Whatever gets voted in, and with enough support, will be what we end up getting.

EDIT: I see what youre saying Gilthanis. I always assume anything [H] is team 33 and obviously you guys' stuff isnt. Id certainly like to see something that is tailored to all of us here.

EDIT 2: We could always see if we could get someone to mock up something that portrayed all of the major DC teams we have with some kind of slogan and picture for both.

I was thinking just having that under a logo or on a pocket or something depending on shirt type chosen. I'm guessing Kyle would want to stay away from potentially racey slogans like "Are you [H]ard, I am!". I know I would have trouble wearing that in some places due to suggestiveness. So, my vote is to keep it family friendly.

Of course ---

Code:
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/2309/3gti.jpg

Here I was gonna suggest elephants...but you beat me to it...lol Great pic! Maybe I will have a onsie made for my daughter that says Proud future [H]ard DC'er...

So what we need is two things:

1. Some artwork for the back that advertises multiple DC projects - at least F@H and BOINC, with the icon for each, a blurb about the project, and a web address.

2. Team-specific front graphic, something that would go over a pocket or on a pocket. For H, something like the left side of the top banner on hardfolding.com, only updated for clarity and style. So, three lines:

Team [H]ard|OCP
Distributed Computing
[H]ard for [H]umanity
www.hardforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32
(we need a nicer web address to redirect, IMO)

That would keep it project-independent and really team-independent with different front graphics if we want to go that way. I'd guess we would need permission from the owners of any project we promote (Stanford, Berkley, etc.), but I would also guess that wouldn't be an issue.

Any budding graphic artists out there want to take a stab at the graphics?

FYI, at $28, 8 shirts hits the $200 price break. I don't think that will be a problem. One thing I do want is to make sure we are getting quality shirts, cotton/polyester blend - I'd pay extra for that. My choice would be a pocket t-shirt or a golf shirt.

Before we know it we're going tohave a whole line of clothing, cologne too!

Lol, or a burning melting 4p!

I would buy one.

Maybe have some tank tops made too.(My fav) :p

Im glad to see everyone would be in for one but we really need to get the design fleshed out before we even venture into that part of the ordeal...

So what we need is two things:

1. Some artwork for the back that advertises multiple DC projects - at least F@H and BOINC, with the icon for each, a blurb about the project, and a web address.

2. Team-specific front graphic, something that would go over a pocket or on a pocket. For H, something like the left side of the top banner on hardfolding.com, only updated for clarity and style. So, three lines:

Team [H]ard|OCP
Distributed Computing
[H]ard for [H]umanity
www.hardforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32
(we need a nicer web address to redirect, IMO)

That would keep it project-independent and really team-independent with different front graphics if we want to go that way. I'd guess we would need permission from the owners of any project we promote (Stanford, Berkley, etc.), but I would also guess that wouldn't be an issue.

Any budding graphic artists out there want to take a stab at the graphics?

FYI, at $28, 8 shirts hits the $200 price break. I don't think that will be a problem. One thing I do want is to make sure we are getting quality shirts, cotton/polyester blend - I'd pay extra for that. My choice would be a pocket t-shirt or a golf shirt.

Major mistake I made. Thats 200 shirts. Not $200 worth of shirts. Please note though guys, even if another site is telling you there isnt a minimum, that is most likely because they are already adding that fee into the price of their shirts. Youd be hard pressed to find any company that will wave a setup fee unless they are making a significant sell because setup costs alone are a pretty penny.

Musky, this is exactly what we need at this moment and exactly what im envisioning.

EDIT: As far as permissions go, I have no problem contacting any organizations that we may need to contact in order to make it happen. Good point though and something I hadn't thought of other than [H].

First things first though! We need someone with some kind of graphic design skills...

EDIT: SOME THINGS TO THINK ABOUT:

Shirts: While having a nice Polo would be awesome, please understand....If we were to design a polo, we are looking at $40 a shirt at a MINIMUM. I personally believe we should stick with a quality TShirt to keep price down and availability open to most.

Colors: The more colors we have the more expensive the shirt gets, keep that in mind.

While it's ok to dream big guys, remember, we would like as many people as possible to be able to order a shirt. We dont want to put out $80 shirts that only a few guys can purchase. Unless Grandpa is paying for us all at least...

Last edited:
All right guys update, in [H]orde Team 33 IRC we debated and went through drafts of ideas for shirts here's the last one I cooked up:

Front:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qz6rhnvitcgoq7g/Shirt front.png
Back:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ry25hog4wg0act/Shirt back.png

I welcome constructive criticism...but a few notes.

A) I cooked these up on my own free time, being an F@Her and knowing nothing about the BOINC hallways of the DC subforum. I welcome any input from BOINCers about what y'all even call yourselves. I honestly don't know. "Team 33" at least is descriptive identifying us as a "team", I've been on H for a year and don't even know what BOINC stands for...and that is a problem for readers, we want folks to know as easily as possible what the hell it is we do and who we are.

2) The design concept for the back in Team 33 chat was using project logos like a race car team...I'm not a pro at this graphic design stuff, and I don't even need to make a rough mockup to know full-color logos as are common would either not look good together or be expensive to implement or both. Per "A" above, I don't know about BOINC and any project logos you have....so for now the back just reads "logos" in place of monocolor (maybe white relief style) emblems like I envision eventually having.

III) Input is WELCOME but please keep it constructive, I'm doing this on my own time and if people choose to bitch I'll put my effort elsewhere. Text colors should be the normal H red/yellow colors as of now. All content is kept to the center of the panels, as the fabric is draped over a human body and therefore the edges will naturally get lost due to wrapping around a body.

I've heard talk of not just having a billboard shirt for H and our DC teams but also maybe some inside jokes as well. The problem we have is that of space, readability, and well space. We want people to know WTH the gobbledy-gook on the shirt is about, as well as have it be legible a fair ways off to draw people's eyes. The current above layout seems pretty empty, but that is for clarity. There simply isn't a lot of room for witticisms. If you have ideas for inside joke kinds of things, make clear your idea...but remember the problem of layout clarity and lack of space.

If anyone else wants to give a whack at it, there's lots of t-shirt vector templates out there in PSD or other formats and all you need is the text tool in photoshop.

I'm in for two or three shirts whatever you guys do.

All respect Skripka, but I'd like something a bit more artistic than what you've got posted there.

Do we have any artists lurking?

AtlasFolder

All right guys update, in [H]orde Team 33 IRC we debated and went through drafts of ideas for shirts here's the last one I cooked up:

Front:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qz6rhnvitcgoq7g/Shirt front.png
Back:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ry25hog4wg0act/Shirt back.png

I welcome constructive criticism...but a few notes.

A) I cooked these up on my own free time, being an F@Her and knowing nothing about the BOINC hallways of the DC subforum. I welcome any input from BOINCers about what y'all even call yourselves. I honestly don't know. "Team 33" at least is descriptive identifying us as a "team", I've been on H for a year and don't even know what BOINC stands for...and that is a problem for readers, we want folks to know as easily as possible what the hell it is we do and who we are.

2) The design concept for the back in Team 33 chat was using project logos like a race car team...I'm not a pro at this graphic design stuff, and I don't even need to make a rough mockup to know full-color logos as are common would either not look good together or be expensive to implement or both. Per "A" above, I don't know about BOINC and any project logos you have....so for now the back just reads "logos" in place of monocolor (maybe white relief style) emblems like I envision eventually having.

III) Input is WELCOME but please keep it constructive, I'm doing this on my own time and if people choose to bitch I'll put my effort elsewhere. Text colors should be the normal H red/yellow colors as of now. All content is kept to the center of the panels, as the fabric is draped over a human body and therefore the edges will naturally get lost due to wrapping around a body.

I've heard talk of not just having a billboard shirt for H and our DC teams but also maybe some inside jokes as well. The problem we have is that of space, readability, and well space. We want people to know WTH the gobbledy-gook on the shirt is about, as well as have it be legible a fair ways off to draw people's eyes. The current above layout seems pretty empty, but that is for clarity. There simply isn't a lot of room for witticisms. If you have ideas for inside joke kinds of things, make clear your idea...but remember the problem of layout clarity and lack of space.

If anyone else wants to give a whack at it, there's lots of t-shirt vector templates out there in PSD or other formats and all you need is the text tool in photoshop.

BOINC stands for Berkeleys Open Infrastructure for Network Computing. It is not a project but rather just a manager that attaches to projects using BOINC server software to distribute work. WCG is a project that uses the BOINC software. SETI is a project that uses BOINC. There are over 80 DC projects that currently use the BOINC software. As a matter of fact, FAH dabbled with it years ago to see if it would serve their needs, but they chose to go their own route. So, linking to BOINC would basically be just linking to the account manager download page. To give you an idea on the many projects:

sig.png

The huge advantage of BOINC is that you can attach to multiple projects at the same time with the same piece of software. This allows choice and guarantees that you can get work if your focus projects are down for any reason.

Those of us who prefer to run BOINC primarily are typically referred to as [H]ard Commandos whereas the FAH team is usually referred to as the [H]orde.

Last edited:
I'm in for two or three shirts whatever you guys do.

All respect Skripka, but I'd like something a bit more artistic than what you've got posted there.

Do we have any artists lurking?

AtlasFolder

No problem, idea is to get the ball rolling so we have an idea of what we want. And besides I was in a hurry this afternoon, and spent all of 20 minutes in Photoshop with an IRC channel full of helpful tools spouting off ideas ;)

So far we have lots of interest...and have no clearer an art direction than we did when this thread was started. One idea was to add text shadow to the [H] logo on the front, folks this afternoon in IRC were more in favor of minimalism a la the forum aesthetic, but like I said...that is who was in [H]orde IRC this afternoon.

BOINC stands for Berkeleys Open Infrastructure for Network Computing. It is not a project but rather just a manager that attaches to projects using BOINC server software to distribute work. WCG is a project that uses the BOINC software. SETI is a project that uses BOINC. There are over 80 DC projects that currently use the BOINC software. As a matter of fact, FAH dabbled with it years ago to see if it would serve their needs, but they chose to go their own route. So, linking to BOINC would basically be just linking to the account manager download page. To give you an idea on the many projects:

[im g]http://boincstats.com/signature/-1/bam/19090/sig.png[/img]

The huge advantage of BOINC is that you can attach to multiple projects at the same time with the same piece of software. This allows choice and guarantees that you can get work if your focus projects are down for any reason.

Those of us who prefer to run BOINC primarily are typically referred to as [H]ard Commandos whereas the FAH team is usually referred to as the [H]orde.

[H]ard Commandos, okay got it...what else is utterly salient to rapidly purvey an idea to lay people to spark interest to get them to look at the back for more info? Problem is going to be brevity when there are 80+ various projects.

I wasn't suggesting listing all of our projects. I was educating someone who wasn't in the know...lol I think singling out a specific project is too specific but rather the team in general would be best. Especially since we also support projects outside of FAH and BOINC too. Maybe calling ourselves Elite DC'ers of [H]ard|OCP?

That's a great suggestion. It'll make it project agnostic and will keep the shirt not so busy. The general BOINC and FAH logo would be good for the back as already stated. Maybe putting a circa date in there somewhere as well?

"My house burned down and all I have is this t-shirt to explain it" LOL

That's a great suggestion. It'll make it project agnostic and will keep the shirt not so busy. The general BOINC and FAH logo would be good for the back as already stated. Maybe putting a circa date in there somewhere as well?

When did [H] start doing BOINC? IIRC [H] started having an F@H team around the time F@H started as "F@H".

Long before I was here. When did they start doing DIMES, Muon1, GIMPS, OGR-27, Prime Sierpinski Problem - PRP, theSkyNet, RC5-72, Seventeen Or Bust, Majestic-12, and who knows how many others... The point is that we have a team at several projects and the entire team would like represented. However, BOINC is typically referenced because it is like an umbrella term for over 80 projects. Many of our DC'ers only DC at WCG and some members confuse our WCG contribution as meaning BOINC in general.

Back