TD2 - anyone still experiencing CTD with DX12?

Riptide_NVN

2[H]4U
Using a evga 2080ti and the game will randomly freeze, pop out of full screen, and ctd. This seems to only happen with DX12 enabled. The issue did not come up with my radeon 7.

I can see this issue is noted in past driver release notes, specifically 431.60:

https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/431.60/431.60-win10-win8-win7-release-notes.pdf

However, while this seems to continue to happen at least for me, the issue has disappeared from recent release notes.

Thanks.

Nvidia has been busy trying to sort out the GTA V crashing for 5 months so no time to worry about other games crashing...

I think most everyone I know ended up switching back to DX11 and no problems since. I couldn't tell the difference anyway, TBH.

There was some release which fixed it for me, possibly that one. I haven't had a crash since then. I am running a 1080ti though, so possibly apples and oranges.

Sounds like it isn't resolved then. I suspect dvsman is right. Most people just don't even use it at this point since they can't figure out the problem.

I don't know if this is related, but in SOTTR, If I have my RTX2070 overclocked I get frequent CTD's with DX12. Running at stock, does not happen. /shrug

This card is rock solid in DX11 and Vulkan titles, OC or not.

Back