TCCD woes - Geil Ultra X

CzarDestructo

Limp Gawd
Well I read all the fantastic results everyone gets but mine just seem to performe poorly. This in particular is bothering me, from a review:

link

2-2-2-11 @ 240, wtf!

I can't even get mine stable running 220 @ 2-2-2-11. does this strike anyone as odd? In order to run 220 my timings have to be 2-3-3-11. What kind of results is everyone getting with their TCCD? Whats the average TCCD timing at 240(my goal)?

This is run on an Nforce2 chipset. I've tried various voltages, I initially though the ram was stable but I was wrong. I tried to play some CS:S and it kept crashing. I had already run prime but memtest turned up 78 errors when I ran it overnight.

im having almost the same problem, ive got the ocz pc 3700el tccd and so far i can get it to 220 with stock timings of 2-3-3-8 but nothing higher. i think it may be a problem with the nforce 2, lots of people are having problems going over 220 fsb on these boards, i think im going to try the modded bios that he is using in the review and you should prolly give it a shot too. im glad someone else is having a problem so i know im not alone. i thought maybe my stick was bad and im kinda hoping it is, but if its not itll just gimme more reason to get a 64 system.

edit: after playing with it some ive been able to do 2-3-3-11 with 2.8v @ 230hopefully after a bios update i can hit 240 or above

Come now, don't be a noob. If you do OC, you HAVE to use a modded bios on the NF2. And also, use another stick of ram that can go past 220, and see if that works.

Trust me, I know my motherboard isn't a problem. I took out my Geil Ultra series for this Ultra X. With my old ram I was able to pull 500mhz(loose timings of course) with this motherboard and stock bios, so its def not the problem.

i tried 3 different bios mods along with the l12 trick and 2 of them wouldnt boot into windows and one didnt give me any higher overclocks. and i tried all of them with cpc off which the one that booted gave me a whopping 5mhz more but cost me about 1k on the memory benchmark. like i said i hit 230 stable and im reading that thats pretty ok on this board. even though some people have gotten to 260plus. im thinking the nforce2s dont like the tccd too much.

The tccd isn't "so" great on nforce2's. It's not bad by any means, but not fabulous. Getting past 220 with tight timings just won't happen. I'm running 2.5-3-2-11@240 on my AN7 using the geil sticks. 3700/3500'ish scores in sandra. Threw them in a p4 board tho and they ran just fine at 2.5-3-3-8@280.

gmkmay said:
The tccd isn't "so" great on nforce2's. It's not bad by any means, but not fabulous. Getting past 220 with tight timings just won't happen. I'm running 2.5-3-2-11@240 on my AN7 using the geil sticks. 3700/3500'ish scores in sandra. Threw them in a p4 board tho and they ran just fine at 2.5-3-3-8@280.

this was extremely helpful, thank you so much

I've got 2 sticks of PDP tccd comming for use in a ultra infinity, this is kind of discouraging...

if you do it right, use the l12 trick and modded bios'es you can get upwards of 250 and 260 which is really good for these platforms so dont be discouraged you just have to work a lil harder for it. i on the other hand am far to lazy to continue with it so to the fs/ft forum i go with a mobo, cpu and koolance exos in hopes of reaching 300fsb on a 64 system.

the L12 trick is just for the NF-7 I believe, the DFI doesn't need any mods at all to him 500mhz and abve. my old ram did so on the stock motherboard and bios as i said before.

it seems, and as its already been stated, the TCCD just wasn't meant for the NF2 :(

a sad day indeed

So would I better off with some other memory then? What would you reccomend? I have a DFI ultra infinity and a xp-m 2600 that wants to be OC'd... I thought I had done my research. Didn't go with the BH5 or some others because of voltage. Went with the TCCD because of the low voltage. This is the first thread I have come across saying negative things about the TCCD. Should I just go with some value ram?

you can try some kingmax hardcore, ive seen lots of good results with that, but your best bet is bh-5 with a lot of voltage

the Infinitys stock bios allows for 3.3vs to the DIMMs,its PERFECT for BH-5 which actually runs better timings at high speeds(than the TCCD) if it gets enough voltage.

The reason he got his tccd up that high is because he has cpc disabled in his modded bios. That sets it up with a tras of 2t instead of 1t. With my Kingston I can get to around 215 @ 2-2-2-5 1t, with the modded bios with cpc off i get 235 2-2-2-5 2t this is also on a NF7-S.

Back