Tax money came, tax money soon gone....

hdgamer

Gawd
Well I was hoping at least to find out some info on Fermi before I made the plunge. If numbers and release dates were to leak out by the middle/end of this month I was going to hold out. Price isn't an issue at this point for me if the performance out crowned the king. But no info yet and I'm starting to get impatient....

I'm no fanboi of any side. If performance is better of the two then it is what it is. As long as the card does what I want it to and plays nice between my monitor and big screen tv.

Should I just go to 2X5870's and wait until next gen?

You could and still enjoy the cards even if Fermi lives up to the hype.
Waiting just might get you a better price and mature drivers on the 5870s. No telling until Fermi is released.

I don't have a need to upgrade so I can wait watch and decide.

I'd say wait a few more weeks and then buy my 2x 5870s when I upgrade to 2x Fermi's.....if they come out in a few more weeks.

Well I was hoping at least to find out some info on Fermi before I made the plunge. If numbers and release dates were to leak out by the middle/end of this month I was going to hold out. Price isn't an issue at this point for me if the performance out crowned the king. But no info yet and I'm starting to get impatient....

I'm no fanboi of any side. If performance is better of the two then it is what it is. As long as the card does what I want it to and plays nice between my monitor and big screen tv.

Should I just go to 2X5870's and wait until next gen?

Wait for Fermi. Put the money in a 1 month CD and force yourself to wait.

unless you need to buy now (your current GPU is damaged or something), I would wait.

You'll make a better decision based on performance, not to mention cheaper prices if you stick with ati.

it's a win-win for you :)

unless you need to buy now (your current GPU is damaged or something), I would wait.

You'll make a better decision based on performance, not to mention cheaper prices if you stick with ati.

it's a win-win for you :)

Problem is, you can wait forever using that strategy since prices always fall.

Problem is, you can wait forever using that strategy since prices always fall.

I agree. Most of the time you'll be waiting forever. however, with release of Fermi (and possibly a decent price drop on ATi) imminent, not waiting would be foolish unless you needed it asap

I got $400 burning in my pocket right now for a dx11 card, but yeah the smart thing is to wait.

I took my tax money and used it to double itself in less than 3 weeks....good time to wait and use it to double up for now.

Back