taskbar across 1 screen only

illuminate

[H]ard|Gawd
Ive just started getting into linux.. so im new. lol. But i have a 22in (1680 x 1050) and a 19in (1280 x 1024) and i can get them both running together... but my taskbar stretches across both monitors. Is it possible to change this... i want it like it in in windows where you have your taskbar across your main monitor.. and then the 2nd one you can drag stuff to. Is this possible?

Also, what type of dual display do you have setup?

Personally, I'm running Vista at the moment on my main rig and I'd kill to have the dual taskbars on this without having to purchase something like Ultramon.

Its gnome 2.0... Ubuntu 8.04.. its all been updates..

its a 7600gt XXX OC'd.. with a 22in and a 19in...

Ive got ultra mon in vista (in it right now) and i like it.. but in ubuntu.. im talking about it the 1 taskbar on the top stretching across both monitors.. so all my network/shutdown/clock is all on the VERRRYYYYY far right.. on my 19in... instead of my 22in

Its gnome 2.0... Ubuntu 8.04.. its all been updates..

its a 7600gt XXX OC'd.. with a 22in and a 19in...

Ive got ultra mon in vista (in it right now) and i like it.. but in ubuntu.. im talking about it the 1 taskbar on the top stretching across both monitors.. so all my network/shutdown/clock is all on the VERRRYYYYY far right.. on my 19in... instead of my 22in

Silly, but did you try unlocking it and dragging it to one screen or the other? It's very easy to get two separate task bars in Gnome, you just need to make another bar and add a task panel to the second. Also you can unlock an part of the bar (clock, launchers, etc and move them around). I'm running 8.04 on a 8600 (I think) with dual displays.

If that doesn't work you can always make a new panel for each monitor and just customize it how you want (move all the things that are stretching to one or the other).

Back