TARKOV - anyone play? (technical question about its performance)

DarkSideA8

Gawd
I picked up this game not too long ago, and I'm hooked.

It's got some weird aspects to how it performs, largely (as I understand it) because its developed for the RU market. Specifically, it seems to be far more CPU and RAM intensive, and less focused on leveraging GPU power.

Anyone got a good read on how to best set the game up on a Western PC? (Ryzen 7, 16gb RAM and 3070) There are times I think I'm getting plenty of frames out of the 3070... and others where I start to get screen tears, etc. FPS sometimes reads in the 80s-120s, and others sub 50s.

Question isn't so much about GPU performance, but rather looking for someone who gets how this game interacts with CPU / RAM

My brother plays, I can ask him but his system is ancient (970 and a I5-4670, 16gb ram).

The fact that my brother loves it makes me leary, his taste in games tends to be... unique.

I picked up this game not too long ago, and I'm hooked.

It's got some weird aspects to how it performs, largely (as I understand it) because its developed for the RU market. Specifically, it seems to be far more CPU and RAM intensive, and less focused on leveraging GPU power.

Anyone got a good read on how to best set the game up on a Western PC? (Ryzen 7, 16gb RAM and 3070) There are times I think I'm getting plenty of frames out of the 3070... and others where I start to get screen tears, etc. FPS sometimes reads in the 80s-120s, and others sub 50s.

Question isn't so much about GPU performance, but rather looking for someone who gets how this game interacts with CPU / RAM
Existing thread

My brother plays, I can ask him but his system is ancient (970 and a I5-4670, 16gb ram).

The fact that my brother loves it makes me leary, his taste in games tends to be... unique.
It is a hard game - but unique among shooters, the player has a purpose on the battlefield beyond merely playing 'tag' (Missions, loot for things you need in other areas of the game, etc)

I can't stand COD but I'm really enjoying Tarkov

Last edited:
Back