Target Testing Streaming Video Service On Employees

HardOCP News

[H] News
Would anyone here use a video streaming service from Target? I like the store just fine, I just don't think "video streaming service" when I think of Target. Do you?

Target Corp. is testing a Netflix-like movie streaming service with its own employees. Called Target Ticket beta, the service claims to offer “instant access to 15,000 titles, new releases, classic movies and next-day TV.” The site requires a Target employee login to use.

bah, another streaming service. dont see the point unless it can give me better quality media than netflix, better selection than amazon and no/less commercials than hulu+

If they have new Doctor Who (which may not be going for much longer) and/or regular Mythbusters episodes, I'd be all over it, no matter who it is to offer it.

I like the store just fine, I just don't think "video streaming service" when I think of Target. Do you?

I'm sure someone said the same thing about Amazon.

Every time I hear about a new "streaming service" I just think about how it wont be long until scumbag companies like comcast start raising their price for internet bandwidth.

If they have new Doctor Who (which may not be going for much longer) and/or regular Mythbusters episodes, I'd be all over it, no matter who it is to offer it.

Eh? I don't see them cancelling Who anytime soon. The ratings are still good and they begin shooting season 8 later this year (w/ Matt Smith).

Netflix already has both of those ... so unless Netflix paid for an exclusive I am sure that other services can get them too.

Eh? I don't see them cancelling Who anytime soon. The ratings are still good and they begin shooting season 8 later this year (w/ Matt Smith).

Doctor Who ends when the 13th doctor dies. We will be on the 12th soon then the 13th, then the end.

Could be a couple more years till the end or they drag it out for 20 more seasons, who knows.

Doctor Who ends when the 13th doctor dies. We will be on the 12th soon then the 13th, then the end.

Could be a couple more years till the end or they drag it out for 20 more seasons, who knows.

the new writers have said they didn't agree with the artificial limit on the Doctors so I wouldn't bank on it ending on a specific Doctor ... if the ratings are high and costs are reasonable it will continue for quite awhile ;)

All they need to do to get a foot into the market is offer competitive pricing for new content. Redbox has new release movies on DVD but can't figure out how to get those onto a video stream for the same price as a movie rental. If Target can do that there is a good chance they could gain traction quickly.

the new writers have said they didn't agree with the artificial limit on the Doctors so I wouldn't bank on it ending on a specific Doctor ... if the ratings are high and costs are reasonable it will continue for quite awhile ;)

If someone were bored and wanted to start watching Dr. Who, what's the best season/doctor/what-not to start on? I've caught a few odd episodes on local sci-fi channels over the past 3 years and enjoyed it but never been a regular viewer. The two doctors I can recall is one was a english hooligan looking guy. A doctor that seemed more rough and villany almost like an Engish hooligan version of Liam Neilson and the skinny, more quirky mostly recent doctor.

If someone were bored and wanted to start watching Dr. Who, what's the best season/doctor/what-not to start on? I've caught a few odd episodes on local sci-fi channels over the past 3 years and enjoyed it but never been a regular viewer. The two doctors I can recall is one was a english hooligan looking guy. A doctor that seemed more rough and villany almost like an Engish hooligan version of Liam Neilson and the skinny, more quirky mostly recent doctor.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006q2x0/features/doctors

Well the new series that started in 2005 is pretty popular and they have had three doctors on this series (I liked all three of the new ones) and it is of course an excellent starting spot as most episodes are available for streaming ... of the original series I (like many people) probably remember the 4th doctor the best and I haven't seen enough episodes of the doctors 5-8 ...

if you are hardcore about watching I would start with the second doctor and work forward ... the doctors 2-4 were all excellent ... there aren't that many episodes of the first doctor left (so many were destroyed) but he is good (but the episodes are extremely dated) ... to watch doctor 1-8 you will need access to discs since not all episodes are available for streaming ... the original series also did most of their episodes in serial form so that takes a little getting used to

Enjoy :)

By the title I thought the TVs were on the employees' stomach with streaming video on their stomachs. Talk about awkward.

I started with Torchwood when it was the Starz special, then worked my way through them. It's the same universe as the Who. So start with the who from 2005. That's plenty and the Doctors are good.

That's one or two more doctors depending how you interpret the latest. If Smith goes one more season, that's potentially
6 more years given each doctor lasts about 5 years on average.

If someone has unique content and not just the same crap on the other services, then I'm in. "Next Day TV" sounds nice. What's the price going to be is the real question.

Back