Target - Clearance on IO Magic dvd burners

mobiux

2[H]4U
I just picked up a 16x dvd +/- r/rw DL at Target for $24.99 on clearance.
They had a half dozen or so left.
This was in La Crosse, WI so ymmv.

Something to watch for if in a Target soon.

Just an FYI, my personal experience is thus: My I/O Magic DVD burner stopped working about 6 months after I got it. But for $25, maybe that's ok. Though you can get an NEC for $10 more!

xxaaqq said:
Just an FYI, my personal experience is thus: My I/O Magic DVD burner stopped working about 6 months after I got it. But for $25, maybe that's ok. Though you can get an NEC for $10 more!
heh, good way of putting it.

By coincidence i was going to Target later today, will stop in the electronics dept and check out what's on clearance, i hear they're moving major inventory. Now to google for some printable target coupons.

Thx OP

Been using the same I/O for about 9 months now, probably 75-100 dvd's burned, not a coaster yet. Good deal for $25

Some I/O Magic drives *are* NEC's if I remember correctly. All of those odd-brand guys like I/O Magic, Micro Advantage, and Memorex just rebadge Lite-On's, BenQ's, BTC's, and NEC's. Heck even Sony burners are now rebadged Lite-On's.

They didn't mark down the burners @ my local target. :(
They are marked @ $99 right now. bummer.

edit: does anyone have any links or documentation of this clearence, so I can go back and try again? thx

fore1337 said:
They didn't mark down the burners @ my local target. :(
They are marked @ $99 right now. bummer.

edit: does anyone have any links or documentation of this clearence, so I can go back and try again? thx
Fore, did you have somebody ring them up for ya?

Clearance items are notorious for having an incorrect price on the shelf (noticed it at radioshack today btw).

SJetski71 said:
Fore, did you have somebody ring them up for ya?

Clearance items are notorious for having an incorrect price on the shelf (noticed it at radioshack today btw).

I went to check out... and they rung me up at $99+tax. Should I have continued with the transaction to get the discount?

fore1337 said:
I went to check out... and they rung me up at $99+tax. Should I have continued with the transaction to get the discount?
def not, that would have been the price, unfortunately. And what a crappy price it was.

Looks like this is a YMMV

SJetski71 said:
def not, that would have been the price, unfortunately. And what a crappy price it was.

Looks like this is a YMMV

There's another target near my house. Maybe I'll try it out there.. it's right next to radioshack anyhow. ;)

One time, at geek camp, I stuck a cd burner in my.......

.........'puter, and it was a Lite-on with a I/O Magic badge. :D I would definitely give this one a shot. I'm gonna check my Target tomorrow. Thanks!

My local MI store only had externals for $99.99. The OP never said if they were internal or external.

I work at Target, and there's a Nationwide Electronics transition underway, which explains this (As well as a bunch of other random deals on stuff too...). Don't know if everyone's changing right away right now, but mine is at the moment (Greenfield WI).

Mr. Greg said:
I work at Target, and there's a Nationwide Electronics transition underway, which explains this (As well as a bunch of other random deals on stuff too...). Don't know if everyone's changing right away right now, but mine is at the moment (Greenfield WI).
Thanks for the heads up. I'll try back tomorrow.

mobiux said:
I just picked up a 16x dvd +/- r/rw DL at Target for $24.99 on clearance.
They had a half dozen or so left.
This was in La Crosse, WI so ymmv.

Something to watch for if in a Target soon.

That what I paid for it when they first came out I PM'd at Circuit city so they give me the staples deal plus 10% off (73$) with rebate but wouldn't give me the rebate slips saying I already got it in the PM.

So I go home and download the rebate slips off their website. A 30$ rebate and a 20$ rebate. Sweet!!!!

The I/O Magics's are usually rebadged BenQ's I flashed mine so it is a BenQ DW1620 and not a generic DVD

maybe if this guy scans his reciept, you can print it, and bring it to the store, see if they will match it. maybe?

I checked another Target today while working and they had about 6 of the internals, but they scanned $99.99 at the scanner at the end of the isle.

chkd again today. still 99 bux. the tech clers said that she expects them to go on clearence though.

so I went over to RadioShack and picked up a 2nd set of DVI cables, and that nifty tool set.
Is there any reason I'll ever need that analog->Digital ADC converter? i didn't get one but they have plenty.

cheetoden said:
Does anyone know on what day of the week that Target adds clearance items?

everyday.
They are doing an inventory teardown at the stores in my area. - Every time I go there, more stuff is clearanced.

Theres price change team that comes in everyday to do all those red clearance tickets you see, A huge chunk of electronics went on clearance for us about 3-4 weeks ago, before all the supplies for the transition could be ready. Most merchandise was 50%, such as tvs, some mp3 players, dvd burners, etc, with the rarity of 75% off for small items with no models. Our store, was giving an additional 30% off the display models that are on clearance, my lod bought a tv that was 20% off, add the 30%, then add his discount, he got a near 2300 tv for 1100. I dont know the policy on other stores about selling the clearance models. You should basically see your target have all new tvs on the backwall, some game cases taken out and being replaced as we speak, all new fixtures, a bunch of new displays such as pianos, etc.

Back