[Target] Buy 2 games get 1 free. Even works with PC Collector's Edition!

Wondering if prices would drop more on cybermon/blackfri

Seems like every time I wait for a deal, either the price goes back up or I can't take advantage of the deal. If you think it is deal, get it while you can/

I think I took advantage of this when I got a 3DS. Last I checked you don't get to choose the game you get for free, so beware. IE, you will choose 3 games, and one of them will be free... but I think they choose the cheapest one. So to take advantage of this with newer games you'd have to buy like 180$ worth or something (for 60$ games). Not a bad deal if you absolutely must have 3 current games at similar prices.

I think I took advantage of this when I got a 3DS. Last I checked you don't get to choose the game you get for free, so beware. IE, you will choose 3 games, and one of them will be free... but I think they choose the cheapest one. So to take advantage of this with newer games you'd have to buy like 180$ worth or something (for 60$ games). Not a bad deal if you absolutely must have 3 current games at similar prices.

The cheapest game being free should be pretty obvious common sense. It would be stupid for a store to give you the more expensive one free. Every single Buy X get Y free deal I've ever seen has been the cheaper item is the free one.

Reactions: DF-1
like this
Wondering if prices would drop more on cybermon/blackfri
Possibly, but then you have to put up with all the BF/CM noise. If you think this is a good deal and good fit for your budget, pull the trigger and don't sweat it.

I was in Target once when they were having this deal. There was a misprint on the shelf and it said "Buy 1 get 1" and they honored it. So, keep an eye out, it was first thing Sunday morning though.

The cheapest game being free should be pretty obvious common sense. It would be stupid for a store to give you the more expensive one free. Every single Buy X get Y free deal I've ever seen has been the cheaper item is the free one.

Your common sense is bordering more on cynicism. Some people are more optimistic or naive.

Overall this is more to just kind of put it into perspective that, for instance, to get a AA game (180$ worth) you have to spend 120$ on two other AA games. The max savings is 33(.33333333 . . .)% on the entire order, but it only occurs when all the items are at equivalent prices. If any one of them is more or less than the others, you get less than 33% off. That means you have to want 3 AAA games at once pretty badly in order to actually fully take advantage of this deal for a AAA title.

To me that's just kind of an unlikely occurrence to begin with; ie it seems like it would get you to buy more than you really want to in order to get a deal on a 3rd game. Depending on the specific titles you choose (and how much time you have to play each day), you might not even have time to finish one of them before the others would start to creep down in price anyway (for PC titles, this is pretty common with Steam involved). I rarely just ever decide I want exactly 3 AAA titles right this moment...

Long story short, I'd practice some moderation and decide whether you really needed to even spend that much on such a low number of games immediately, lol... but I'm one of those "wait till it's on a Steam sale" people most of the time.

Your common sense is bordering more on cynicism. Some people are more optimistic or naive.

Overall this is more to just kind of put it into perspective that, for instance, to get a AA game (180$ worth) you have to spend 120$ on two other AA games. The max savings is 33(.33333333 . . .)% on the entire order, but it only occurs when all the items are at equivalent prices. If any one of them is more or less than the others, you get less than 33% off. That means you have to want 3 AAA games at once pretty badly in order to actually fully take advantage of this deal for a AAA title.

To me that's just kind of an unlikely occurrence to begin with; ie it seems like it would get you to buy more than you really want to in order to get a deal on a 3rd game. Depending on the specific titles you choose (and how much time you have to play each day), you might not even have time to finish one of them before the others would start to creep down in price anyway (for PC titles, this is pretty common with Steam involved). I rarely just ever decide I want exactly 3 AAA titles right this moment...

Long story short, I'd practice some moderation and decide whether you really needed to even spend that much on such a low number of games immediately, lol... but I'm one of those "wait till it's on a Steam sale" people most of the time.

I was trying to "crunch the numbers" on this the other day to try to make this work for me. But I couldn't really justify it especially with having Gamers Club Unlocked from Best Buy. I want Overwatch but really nothing else at the moment. So trying to spend $120 to get a 3rd game for only one that I really want doesn't make sense. Plus, I feel like Overwatch will be on sale around Black Friday.

Just got Battlefield 1, COD Infinite Warfare, and TitanFall 2 right when Infnite warfare released on friday. 3 Triple A games released about 2 weeks apart. All was collectors or expansion ediion. 80. Well worth it to me.

Back