Talltale: Wolf Among Us vs. Game of Thrones

TheBlueChanell

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm looking to pickup one of the tellgames on the sale tonight. I've played the walking dead but am looking for something different.

Between GoT and The Wolf Among Us which would you guys recommend? Also, unless I'm an idiot, it's not very clear, is the Game of Thrones series completed or is there a missing episode? It says Episode 5 on the thumbnail but what googling I have done it appears the last episode is out?

Thanks.

EDIT: nvm GoT S01E06 appears to be end of this month.

So I was hooked on Walking Dead, I played the first season nonstop and everything else as soon as it was released episode by episode. When I got "Wolf among us" I'd never read anything about it which is weird because I'm big into comics, its based on one.

I poo-poo'd it at first because it wasn't Walking Dead(Hate the show love the comics), but once you get through the first episode you're hooked, you won't be able to get out of your chair until its done. When I finished the game I read all the comics all 125? at the time. My roommate did the same.

It's kind of a Murder mystery, it moves along at a faster pace than Walking dead. Not in content but in emotional tone it reminded me of "Last of Us" in maturity. Its not goofy or "haha". I'm not gonna tell you anything about it because that would spoil it, like literally anything I could say might spoil something. Don't read reviews just play it.

I heard Game of Thrones is good but not quite as good as Wolf Among Us, that ones actually popular enough that its got its own stand alone comic adaptation outside of the comic its based on.

TLDR I havent played GOT, but WAU is amazeballs.

I have to say I LOVED A Wolf Among Us. Liked it more than The Walking Dead Season 1 game. No idea on the Game of Thrones, but I have been meaning to pick it when it's cheep.

Confirming that WAU is amazeballs. GoT seemed a bit too constrained by the environment it was placed it, though I'll go back and play the whole thing once the series is complete.

as a diehard Game of Thrones fan (books and TV show) it pains me to say that Wolf is the better Telltale game

I haven't played Wolf, but Game of Thrones is great, better than the Walking Dead. After reading these posts I will have to check out Wolf.

Back