Tales of Symphonia (GC)... any good

USMC2Hard4U

Supreme [H]ardness
Well i just bought this... it was only 20$ new. Is this game any good? I am looking to get into another good RPG (since I am missing some FF7 goodness)

Anything I should know about it? Tips? How long is it? Good story? let me know! Thanks

<3 Nintendo

It's as long as you want it to be :D
I clocked 70 hours in, and I still didn't do all the side quests. The game is fantastic!! There are some cheese moments (especially a couple of the voice actors) however the game itself is worth every penny of that $20 you spent. It's no FF7, but it's a great RPG that will keep you busy for a long long time. Just a warning though... it will take you at least a few hours to get into it. It takes a while to get sucked in, but when you do, you will love it :)

Battles: except for boss battles and maybe the beginning (where you don't have a good healer), quick and not too difficult. the system is realtime - you "fight" with one character and the others are set to a strategy (or you have a couple of friends to play as them). Most Battles end within a minute. Also, since monster's are onscreen, you can avoid a few if you're in a rush

Length - I spent about 40 hours on my first play through, then played it 2 times over. lots of options for that New Game+.

Story - hmmm... its ok i guess... has ending variations, and a few plot twists.

Other Things - Voice acting isn't too bad (The main character's voice is Robin from the Teen Titans cartoon), and if it's annoying you can turn it off (with separate toggles for battle voices and scene voices).

I originally bought this at full price, was very worth the cash put down. If you've played the other Tales games then you should feel at home.

I loved that game... i recommended especially at 20$.. I spent like 70 hours on the game.. cause i did a lot of the side quests...

the voice acting and dialouge is kind of corny.. but the game play was funn.. the story line is pretty much a generic RPG story line.. but it's not bad..

Back