Taking the Q6600 to 3.33 ?

What are the relevant voltages that need to be changed to get the FSB above 400 or so? I'm trying to get to a 450 FSB, but anything above 400 will result in Prime95 freezing the PC.

I'm running a Q6600 on the Abit IP35 Pro.

Also, can anyone confirm that 9x400 performs the same as 8x450?

Also, thanks for the bolt mod link!

EDIT: Go google! http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1227530 Answered one of my questions.

Well, I spent last night reconfiguring the build of my two extra PCs which took forever while watching TV...

I also did the bolt mod to my Abit which was fun. While I was in there, I rerouted my wires and reapplied the AS5 to my CPU... The temps are much better at stock now. Last night it was 20C in uGuru (11-19 in coretemp) and this morning it was literally reading 1-9C for the 4 cores on core temp. Yes, I do keep my room extremely cold, though that cold was an accident... I always crack the windows, but it went down to 20F last night, which was very unexpected.

I also installed a new 80mm fan to blow directly across the ram... I intsalled it at the top of the case, pointing straight down so it blows along the 4 sticks towards the video card.

Anyways, my point is, I made no progress yet on the OC because I was too busy doing other stuff. I'll work on it when I get home today, but I should do a better job because I've done more research and have better cooling.

EDIT: SpeedFan, not coretemp.

Ok, something is wrong. I tried 8x400 but that only gives me 2.8 & not 3.2.
Speedstep is off by default.
Any ideas??

I am still ratcheting up... was at 8x450 for a while, but wanted to see what I could get to above that. currently I am at 9x420 for 3.78ghz with my sig. This is at 1.488vCore. 3:4 ratio, RAM at 5-5-5-12 2T and score 18549 in 3DM06.

Grey

I am still ratcheting up... was at 8x450 for a while, but wanted to see what I could get to above that. currently I am at 9x420 for 3.78ghz with my sig. This is at 1.488vCore. 3:4 ratio, RAM at 5-5-5-12 2T and score 18549 in 3DM06.

Grey

Sure wish I could hit 3.8

What is your NB temps?

Sure wish I could hit 3.8

What is your NB temps?

39*C at full load under water... link in Sig.

I need a new CPU block. the storm is not going to let me press past my current 430x9 (3.87ghz now). At 435x9 (3.915ghz) temps were hitting 72*C on core 1... Unless my sensor was bad. a bit high for my liking. I will leave it here for now until I can order my FuZion.

Which voltage setting in the BIOS relates to the Northbridge? Is it MCH?

and

Which voltage setting in the BIOS relates to the PWM?

I can run 380x9 stable (still stress testing though), but I crash constantly at 400x9 when the PWM temp starts to cross 90C.

Which voltage setting in the BIOS relates to the Northbridge? Is it MCH?

and

Which voltage setting in the BIOS relates to the PWM?

I can run 380x9 stable (still stress testing though), but I crash constantly at 400x9 when the PWM temp starts to cross 90C.

which mobo? On my Maximus Formula, I have "North Bridge Voltage:" (currently at 1.61)

edit: ahh I see in your early post that you are on the Abit IP35 Pro. Sorry, I am not familiar with the bios on that one :(

39*C at full load under water... link in Sig.

I need a new CPU block. the storm is not going to let me press past my current 430x9 (3.87ghz now). At 435x9 (3.915ghz) temps were hitting 72*C on core 1... Unless my sensor was bad. a bit high for my liking. I will leave it here for now until I can order my FuZion.

Alot cooler than mine @ 50* full load.

which mobo? On my Maximus Formula, I have "North Bridge Voltage:" (currently at 1.61)

edit: ahh I see in your early post that you are on the Abit IP35 Pro. Sorry, I am not familiar with the bios on that one :(

I run my NB at 1.4. I'll bump it up and see if that will help. But the temps may cause me issues.

What's all your info? Volts, hardware, etc?

I tried my vcore at 1.35.
My hardware is in my sig.
I can get it to 3GHz easily enough.
My RAM's timings are set to 5-5-5-12 2T.
I USED to be able to get it to 3.1GHz @1400FSB but when I tried today, it bsoded right away.

Alot cooler than mine @ 50* full load.

I run my NB at 1.4. I'll bump it up and see if that will help. But the temps may cause me issues.

I'm sure you already thought about this, but be sure to search around for what results others are getting concerning the NB voltage. it will vary mobo to mobo. also check what the IP35 likes as far as NB temps go.
For instance I learned very quickly that my Maximus Formula gets pretty unstable at over 50*C NB. your mobo may be different.

Grey

Well, I'm completey stable at 356x9=3204mhz.
The PWM gets to around 92C after 12 hours... The CPU was around 55C (1.5volts, 1.45volts under load).
I don't seem to have a NB temp on my motherboard though.

Do you guys use active cooling on your PWMs or northbridges?

Also, I still don't which BIOS voltage settings relate to the northbridge and PWM yet, so that question still stands.

Well, after running 4 instances of prime95 for over 24 hours with no problmes, I shut down my PC. Later when I turned it on with making no changes, it became unstable and froze within 10 minutes every time. I am not happy about this. I'm trying 3Ghz now. Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong? I've seen many people hit 3.4 and 3.6 and I've copied their settings exactly. I must be doing something wrong because my Prime95 rarely, if ever, "fails", the Pc just freezes.

Back