TaiG Released Jailbreak for iOS 8.3

Make sure you did an update through iTunes to iOS 8.3 rather than OTA. I made a backup and restored to iOS 8.3 through iTunes to jailbreak. Also, make sure you use the older iTunes version (uninstall everything related to Apple on your PC to make sure it installs right).

http://phonerebel.com/how-to-jailbreak-ios-8-3-untethered-taig/

Almost none of the tweaks are working since Taig hasn't updated the substrate. Should be released today or tomorrow at the latest.

Not sure if it's just mine, but I've been getting some weird freezes every now and then. When I click on Cydia it will just highlight it (darkens like it's about to open) but nothing happens and I have to do a full reset for it to work again. Stuff like this was one of the reasons I got rid of my jailbreak on iOS 6 so long ago on my iPhone 5...

Wow, I just logged in to post about exactly that! I tried rebooting, power off/on, but those freezes kept recurring. I'm in the process of restoring to stock. I really want to jailbreak my 6+, but can wait for any bugs to be worked out. FWIW, I never had this kind of problem when my phone was jailbroken on 8.1.2.

Wow, I just logged in to post about exactly that! I tried rebooting, power off/on, but those freezes kept recurring. I'm in the process of restoring to stock. I really want to JB my 6+, but can wait for any bugs to be worked out.

It might have something to do with Cydia/TaiG being slammed right now and it just freezes it up. Or they released the jailbreak a bit prematurely, which is quite likely. Kind of annoying they still haven't updated the substrate.

It might have something to do with Cydia/TaiG being slammed right now and it just freezes it up. Or they released the jailbreak a bit prematurely, which is quite likely. Kind of annoying they still haven't updated the substrate.
I decided to restore when the freezes spread to other apps. Let them work out the kinks and I'll be ready to try again.

It was an issue with the Cydia update, that issue has been fixed. Still no update on TaiG though, looks like they are trying to fix all problems at once instead of just releasing the little patch first.

Good to know! Maybe everything will be fixed by tomorrow or Friday.

Looks like the fix came in "early", some guy literally just changed the 2.000 to 2.100 and found the file lol. http://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/comments/3b0y6l/fluff_taig_210_found/

Some of the paid apps/tweaks haven't been updated yet so probably best to stay on the earlier jailbreak until they are. Almost have the entire iOS6 theme going, just need the lockscreen now, keyboard didn't work :/.

Hopefully they release a jailbreak for 8.4. It's right around the corner and the optimization along side apple music make it a must have for me.

Damn, my impatience got the best of me. I ran the JB and tried using that .DEB file through iFile, but iFile still isn't compatible with 8.3. At least that's the message I saw when I searched for it on Cydia. So, I installed it anyway and it just crashed every time I tried to open it. Next, I tried the SSH method and got nowhere. Now, I'm restoring to stock -- again :p -- and will just wait for Taig 2.1 to hit their site.

Time to hit the sack.

TaiG 2.1.2 released!

My iPhone is :)

http://www.taig.com/en/

Heh, I woke up this morning and didn't see an update in Cydia at first, so I checked reddit and saw it was released. Gave Cydia another few seconds and it popped up and installed. Looks like everything on TaiG and Saurik's end is good now, just need to wait for some of the tweaks themselves to update so that they officially support iOS 8.3. :)

Yeah, now the wait continues for updated tweaks. So far, I've got f.lux, BytaFont, iWidgets working for me. Just need a few more, along with my favorite theme, to be updated and all will be right in my iUniverse.

Back