Tagan BZ700W Power Supply

madgun

[H]ard|Gawd
I just won a Tagan bz700W at NVision and I am planning to keep the power supply. While searching over the internet, for the maximum temperature rating that the power supply can support, I didn't come across any credible information.

Is this power supply good? And what is the maximum rated temperature. My current Corsair 520HX is rated at 50C but only has 40amps on the 12V rail but the Tagan bz700 provides 56Amps combined on the 12V rail.

Here's a link to the Newegg product page:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817814015

i am using 900watt 1 and its runs good runs cool. looks nice in my antec 1200

I'm using the BZ600 for a while now. No problems so far. You can boost the single rail with turbo mode. What I like about it is that its quiet plus the LED on the modular connectors.

You can boost the single rail with turbo mode.

No.

The "Turbo mode" is supposed to deactivate the OCP on each 12v rail so it acts like a single 12v rail. However, on the BZ800 review unit I had it didn't matter which position the switch was set at it was a single rail unit.

No.

The "Turbo mode" is supposed to deactivate the OCP on each 12v rail so it acts like a single 12v rail. However, on the BZ800 review unit I had it didn't matter which position the switch was set at it was a single rail unit.

Does it imply that the bz700 is also a single rail PSU that can give 56amps on the 12V rail? And how good is this power supply so that I can swap out my corsair 520W and place it in my machine that runs an overclocked quad core and a 280GTX.

Back