Tablet help

Pivo504

2[H]4U
Looking to get a good tablet but don't want to spend more than 250- 300 unless spending alittle more will get me something much better. Want 1080p. I need it to be windows since my apps are all windows for work. Thinking 10 inch is perfect as I will be bringing this back and forth from home to work so need it to fit in my back pack with all my other electronics. So far I've looked into the fusion5, chuwi, and cheaper surface but not sure if I'm missing something. Not much comes up for windows tablets Mostly only seeing Android tablets..

I used a Dell Venue 8 Pro for years. Full windows OS install, good amount of ram and 64gb of built in space. They made an 11" model as well. Last I looked they were CHEAP on eBay, but your mileage may vary.

Don't need anything amazing like a surface lol just something reliable 10 inch and windows. Would like minimum 1080p rez SD slot to. What is best out of the brands I mentioned above?
Pendragon1: you tube video you posted was pointless.. Made it clear I needed windows 10 tablet and the video mentioned Apple and Android lol

Last edited:
Don't need anything amazing like a surface lol just something reliable 10 inch and windows. Would like minimum 1080p rez SD slot to. What is best out of the brands I mentioned above?
Pendragon1: you tube video you posted was pointless.. Made it clear I needed windows 10 tablet and the video mentioned Apple and Android lol
yeah i guess it is. i missed the windows part.

Bump anyone else have any suggestions? It seems the only 3 brands are the Microsoft surface which is very confusing bc there is a 2 go, 3 go, versions then there are pro versions to lol diff ram diff cpus. The other two brands are the fusion 5 and the CHUWI.
I feel like 4gb is just not enough ram even my phone has 12gb lol but once you go to 8GB the price jumps to 600 only the ones below are 6gb but there storage is emmc...

CHUWI Hi0 Go N5100 (Updated) Tablet, Windows 10 Tablets with 6GB RAM, 128GB $289​

Microsoft Surface 3 10.8" FHD Full HD(1920x1280) Touchscreen 2-in-1 Tablet (Intel Quad-Core Atom x7-Z8700, 4GB RAM, 64GB SSD $299​

10" Windows 10 FWIN232 PLUS S2 Fusion5 Ultra Slim Windows Tablet PC- (6GB RAM $269​

Last edited:
I keep telling you every time you post one of these threads that the Windows tablet market is non-existent.

Microsoft has had a tough time making a successful offering in the entry-level market; much like Android, you're left with maybe two brands available!

I keep telling you every time you post one of these threads that the Windows tablet market is non-existent.

Microsoft has had a tough time making a successful offering in the entry-level market; much like Android, you're left with maybe two brands available!
Well in that case what's the best bang for your money lol there's really 3 brands Microsoft being one of them. Is there maybe a good Android windows hybrid lol

The Microsoft surface Go 2 seems to fit your bill, bit more on price but your price range needs to adjust for your needs.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/devices/surface-go-2/tech-specs
I was leaning towards that but the 4GB RAM steered me away and they are a bit pricey most likely bc of the micro soft name.. I feel like 6GB ram is a minimum or 8...as I mentioned above even my phone has 12 lol. I guess now I'm wondering what the best tablet is in terms of price to performance and has more than 4gig of ram and 10.5 inch screen and light since I'll be carrying it home everyday with my other electronics. I'm thinking 6GB of ram and quad cpu should be good enough. I only need it for one app called garmin home port, and to watch you tube videos, movies, check email. That's about it...

Last edited:
I was leaning towards that but the 4GB RAM steered me away.. I feel like 6 is a minimum or 8...as I mentioned above even my phone has 12 lol. I guess now I'm wondering what the best tablet is in terms of price to performance and had 8 gig of ram and 10.5 inch screen
I am not too versed in mobile ram usage or needs. Honestly I couldnt tell you what my phone has off the top of my head, and mind you take your phone price and screen size into consideration when comparing it.

IMO your best bet is going to be a surface or dell otherwise you are going to get some kind of aliexpress junk tablet.

The surface go 3 has 8gb ram, i mentioned the 2 because of what you are wanting to pay, but i dont think you can stay in that price range with your requirements and still be a decent product.

Fusion 5 and CHUWI are crappy? I found one from each company with 6gb ram quad core cpu1080p ips screen for 260 - 290. Surface only comes in 4 or 8gb and both are more expensive than the other two above

fusion might not be bad, havent seen much of them, UK based. CHUWI is just a shenzhen based company, so that one would fall under aliexpress junk.

edit: the price difference with the surface also comes from it having a different processor. I am assuming since you are looking at these tablets you wont be doing any intensive tasks so maybe that doesnt matter.

Last edited:
Well yes nothing intensive. Just garmin home port, music, movies, web browsing.. I know the fusion 5 has 6gb ram here is the link https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08HHD32FP/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8
269. Problem with the surface is there is no 6gb version only 4 or 8 and the price diff to go to the 8 is nearly double.. Does the surface have a way better cpu than the fusion 5? I want something light weight to as this will be carried everyday with other heavy marine electronics

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Cheapest I've found is from best buy

Microsoft - Surface Go 2 - 10.5" Touch-Screen - Intel Pentium Gold - 4GB - 64GB SSD - Device Only - Platinum $339​

Again its only 4gb ram 60 dollars more than the fusion 5...is it worth that extra amount?
Also I noticed this:

Microsoft - Surface Go 2 - 10.5" Touch-Screen - Intel Core M - 8GB - 128GB SSD - WiFi + 4G LTE - Device Only - Platinum​

Does the above mean it can connect to your phones 4 g internet somehow? This could be useful when offshore or does it require its own sim card

Last edited:
Ill need a bit to compare but the surface looks like it was running an i3 variant and the fusion was running a celeron variant.
Yes 4g means it can connect to the mobile network but you'll need a data plan for it.

Last edited:
Cheapest I've found is from best buy

Microsoft - Surface Go 2 - 10.5" Touch-Screen - Intel Pentium Gold - 4GB - 64GB SSD - Device Only - Platinum $339​

Again its only 4gb ram 60 dollars more than the fusion 5...is it worth that extra amount?
Also I noticed this:

Microsoft - Surface Go 2 - 10.5" Touch-Screen - Intel Core M - 8GB - 128GB SSD - WiFi + 4G LTE - Device Only - Platinum​

Does the above mean it can connect to your phones 4 g internet somehow? This could be useful when offshore or does it require its own sim card
I'd lean toward the Go 2 if you're choosing between those. Older CPU, but 8GB of RAM, more/faster storage and LTE will easily outweigh that.

I ca
Ill need a bit to compare but the surface looks like it was running an i3 variant and the fusion was running a celeron variant.
Yes 4g means it can connect to the mobile network but you'll need a data plan for it.
I can't just use my phones data? Maybe thru a hot spot on my phone? This could be very useful offshore. I did not think windows tablets could do this but only android

I ca
I can't just use my phones data? Maybe thru a hot spot? This could be very useful offshore. I did not think windows tablets could do this but only
I'd lean toward the Go 2 if you're choosing between those. Older CPU, but 8GB of RAM, more/faster storage and LTE will easily outweigh that.
Agreed I like the idea of having an SSD in the tablet vs mmec or whatever odd storage the other has

You might be able to move your sim to your tablet, but i haven't done that so maybe someone else can chime in with accurate info.

I don't see why it wouldn't be able to connect to your phones hot spot? Kind of pointless if I'd need two sim cards and another data plan

oh any tablet with wifi can use your phones hotspot, if you want to use the tablets 4G/LTE connection it will needs a sim to access the network.

oh any tablet with wifi can use your phones hotspot, if you want to use the tablets 4G/LTE connection it will needs a sim to access the network.
Oh sweet I figured that's how it worked lol. Might go to best buy and check sum of these tablets out in person

Back