Tab 8.9 or 10.1 for most stuff

zod96

Suspected BAD TRADER
Is the Tab 8.9 big enough to view videos and web pages or is the 10.1 better suited? I tired the 7 inch version and thought it was too small...

I tried. Not one BB in my area or local electronic stores have the 8.9 only the 10.1 Heck I even went to an At&t store to check it out and they didn't have the 8.9 either...

It's really a personal thing. I'm personally fairly happy with my 7" tablet. Others prefer large 10.1" tablets.

Since you say you have been able to try the 10.1" though... well, was it too big? If you liked the size then I'd say buy it. If you thought it was a hair too big, then find somewhere with a good return policy and order the 8.9" instead. It will probably suit your needs, and if it doesn't you can return it.

I don't really understand the issue here -- you've tried both the 7" (too small) and the 10.1"-- If neither is acceptable order the 8.9" or just buy the 10.1" if you liked it.

The only issue between size is the portability. When we were choosing between an Archos 70 and an Archos 101. The difference was only the matter of portability, the 7" was easier to fit in a bag or jacket, but if you're going to stay indoors anyway, there's nothing holding you back from choosing the 10". The size debate back then was pretty extensive, especially considering that Apple stuck to one size, while Archos 'stumped' their customers by providing two sizes :rolleyes:

These tablets are getting lighter so weight is not an issue. Sure a 7" is lighter than a 10", but todays 10" is comparable to yesterdays 7". My advice. Go for screen real estate and pick the largest one you can carry. You only need to consider the smaller ones for two reasons. #1 Price, and #2 Outdoor Portability.

Last edited:
if you dont like the 7", the 8.9 isnt all that much bigger, the 10.1" size is more like an IPad so if you have any experience with an iPad that will tell ya if its better for you.

Back