T-Mobile's wretched refund procedure/service

Mad Maxx

Supreme [H]ardness
Every time I've returned a T-Mobile phone for refund, I've been forced to call repeatedly for up to 60 days to get my money back. Last night, I was transferred 7 times during a 63 minute call and the refund for the iPhone X I returned over 6 weeks ago still hasn't been issued. The latest excuse is that T-Mo needs to conference a call with me and my credit card company to make sure they have the correct info and that the refund hasn't already been received. Of course, T-Mo didn't have a problem with my card info when they charged my monthly bill to it 3 days ago. Furthermore, every time I speak with customer service the audio is awful. I always hear a bunch of voices in the background and it sounds like someone is throwing pots and pans against a concrete wall. Were I of a more conspiratorial mindset, I'd suspect all of that is done purposely to frustrate and deter customers from calling.

Once this latest problem is resolved, I'll never buy another phone from T-Mo. I like their service plans and prices, but despise their customer non-service. I'm even considering a jump to AT&T if they offer a comparable plan and price.

Anyway, /rant.

Merry Christmas, [H]!!!

Sorry for your troubles. Just reminds me why I'd rather buy direct from the manufacturer. Or use Swappa. I hope your issue gets resolved soon.

If it doesn't, just file a complaint with the BBB. Start putting reverse pressure. Raising a shit storm generally gets things taken care of. (Tag a complaint to them on Twitter, etc).

Thanks, man. Good suggestions, too. T-Mo never called me back today, as the CSR promised, so I'm ready to go on the warpath.

I did that with my Sensation years ago out of convenience and they were 10 dollars higher than a few online places.
Back then I had no issues sending it back to them and getting 100 dollars. I had already bought my S4 from them.

Sadly its too old and the screen broken to sell lol. Curious if they are trying to close the program down and removing those with access to provide the refunds so they keep pushing you around. Lame either way.

UIPDATE: Just spent another 30 minutes with T-Mo customer service and received confirmation that my refund finally was issued on 12/26. I'll believe it when I see it on my account.

Wow.. I sent back an iPhone I ordered on my girlfriend's account and she got the text confirming it was received about a week later and another week or so went by and I saw the refund on my credit card.

Sounds like your return may of not been set up correctly. Or it didn't get checked in correctly or something. That's a horrible experience either way.

The first time I sent back an iPhone they had some issues, but that was also the first year of jump on demand. Later years it gone through smoothly.

As of today, still no refund. T-Mo said it could take up to 2 weeks to post. :banghead:

I've found an unlimited prepaid talk/text/data with 6GB 4G LTE plan from AT&T for $40/month. It's looking very tempting, right now.

Two months to the date since returning my iPhone X and I finally got my refund from T-Mobile today. Not sure I'll stay with them after this ordeal. Even if I do, I'll never buy another phone from T-Mo.

I had the same experience as Commander Shepard with a T-Mobile phone return. Bought an iPhone 6S plus for my wife in store, they had to ship it because they didn't have stock. They told us if we didn't want it within 7 days, we could return it for free (they pay for shipping) and be refunded 3-5 business days.

Wife had second thoughts, and we returned it immediately upon receipt without opening the box. A week after shipment, tracking showed it was received, no money. I contact a rep, and they told me that it needed to be processed, and as soon as it was (7-10 days, or some nonsense) I would be refunded. Another 2 weeks pass, no refund, so I contact them again. This time the rep told me that the refund would be a credit on my next billing cycle. I had no interest in a billing credit, because by the time I got that money back, T-Mobile would have had the money from the purchase and the phone for nearly 2.5 months.

Finally got my refund, after about 6 weeks of hassle over something I was told in store would be easy.

Back