T-Mobile Surpasses Sprint as Top Prepaid Mobil Phone Service

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
T-Mobile might not be the biggest mobile service overall, but it has managed to beat out the rest of the competition in the prepaid mobile phone service category to take over the number one spot.

“The good news just keeps on coming for T-Mobile,” said Legere. “The momentum we’re seeing with our T-Mobile and MetroPCS brands is outstanding, and the fact that we’ve blown by everyone to take the No. 1 spot in prepaid is icing on the cake.”

I didn't even know Sprint offered pre paid plans.

I was always under the impression that everyone EXCEPT Sprint offered pre paid.

And I have had both, Tmo wins hands down. Sprint's "new network" was a big improvement in the city I live (data hardly existed before) but still does not bring it up to par with Tmo.

Although I like Tmobile service overall, they have one of THE dumbest business account support people on the face of the planet.

Although I like Tmobile service overall, they have one of THE dumbest business account support people on the face of the planet.

Just one? Hang up and call again, with those odds you're bound to get someone else.

I didn't even know Sprint offered pre paid plans.

I was always under the impression that everyone EXCEPT Sprint offered pre paid.

Sprint does offer pre-paid plans, but just not under their own brand. Instead, they use several other brands like Virgin Mobile and Boost Mobile.

And on topic, good. This means they ca afford to rent an antenna closer to my house so I actually get reception with Bright Spot.

Amazing what happens when a company gives people what they want at a reasonable price.

I want a phone that the NSA isn't capable of infiltrating. Do they offer that? No!

lol...j/k

I don't think that's necessarily their responsibility though. They offer sim cards for phones that support their network, it's up to manufacturers to make a phones NSA proof.

I've been using T-Mobile prepay for almost 2 years, I love it, it's not Verizon level of service but I save enough to buy a $700 phone outright ever year if I wanted. If you need to use it in remote areas it sucks but for the 20 hours a year i'm in a no service area I could care less.

I want a phone that the NSA isn't capable of infiltrating. Do they offer that? No!

lol...j/k
The problem isn't the phone company since the government, especially as spiteful as the one we have now, will crush them if they don't go along. Case in point Lavabit. Lavabit was privately owned. T-mobile is publicly owned and thanks to ENRON legislation its criminal now for the executives not act in the fiduciary interest of stockholders. Challenging the government is not in that interest, so its illegal for them to show a spine.

Back