T-Mobile Now Offering Micro-SIMs to iPhone Owners

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Do you own an iPhone, but prefer to be on T-Mobile? Obviously many users have been in that boat and taken matters into their own hands. T-Mobile reports the network is home to over one million iPhones and growing. The T-Mobile SIM cards had to be modified to fit the iPhone, so being accommodating, T-Mobile decided to make it an easy transition.

Those days are long gone and T-Mobile customers can now follow an official path to using their iPhone on the wireless carrier.

I wonder if I can get the $6/mo edge data plan for my ipad.

My this?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poPW1zMyrtg&feature=player_embedded"]‪AT&T and T-Mobile: My Bill‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

A 2 year agreement for a sim card? That is absurd.

When I had an iPhone 3g I simply unlocked it and popped in my Tmobile sim card. It worked fine. I didn't have to modify it in any way. It just fit right inside perfectly. I don't see what the deal is here.

hence the title "Micro-SIM"

Iphone 4 uses a different SIM card size to where you needed the newest T-mobile SIM have to cut it to fit

So lemme get this straight: Either get the real micro sim and sign yourself a 2 year contract or get a sim cutter and go that route instead. Why would anyone not want to just pay $7 bucks for the cutter instead of locking yourself into a contract?

People would sign a 2-yr contract just to save $9.99? :confused:
Yes, there are people that stupid.

Just like with T-Mobile Prepaid, they want you to buy a $50 phone to get the sim for free, which you could just pay $6.99 for the sim and put it in any T-Mobile (or unlocked At&t) phone...

Back