T-Mobile Nokia Lumia 925

http://www.nokia.com/global/products/phone/lumia925/

lumia925_465.jpg

Anyone on T-Mo planning on checking it out tomorrow?

My wife and I are currently with US Cellular and looking to switch. She wants to go back to Iphone and I'm kinda interested in a Windows phone.

From what I've read and tested (in store demo phones) the Windows phones seem like they just run smoother. I have a Galaxy S3 now and don't really use it for much other than some web surfing and emailing so I don't really care if there's less for apps on Windows since I hardly use any.

I'm kinda torn between getting another $$ higher end phone or just getting a basic Lumia 521 that would most likely be sufficient for me. I do like using my phone for taking pics of the little one so that's one of the main things I'd probably like in the 925 over the 521.

So torn on what to do..ugh, that monthly bill would be so nice just buying the 521 outright for $130. It would be like $30/month lower through t-mo than what we have with us cell.

MKBHD just did a nice review of it. He basically only knocked it for its lack of apps and customization, which you don't seem to care much about. So this phone should be great for you, I think. You just have to decide if you want to spend the extra cash for it or not.

After trying WP out I'd say its worth getting in your situation (no caring about apps).

It really sounds like the only thing you like more about (long-term) is the camera. For the price difference between the two, I would just get the 521 and put that cash towards a real camera if you don't currently have a great standalone digital camera for photos, or if you do upgrading your current one.

While it is an extra device to carry, you wouldn't have to carry it all the time. For the few times that you only have your cellphone with you and see something that you just have to have a picture of, the camera on the 521 should suffice. The 521 was $150 yesterday, and dropped $20 today so I just picked up two of them for my family, its an incredibly good value.

Having held the Lumia 925... please get that if you can!

A dedicated camera is nice, but the virtue of a good smartphone cam is always having a nice shooter at hand. You don't have to fetch something -- it's in your pocket. You also won't forget to share photos online.

That and it's part of a triumvirate of very premium-feeling phones on the market that include the iPhone 5 and HTC One. Just very nice to hold and fit in your pocket.

I've heard great things about them and would get one if I could, but I just can't drop the cash on one right now. I have to stick with WP 7.5 for now...

There's also the middleground with the 720. Camera rivaling with 920 camera, clearback screen, gorilla glass. And the best batterylife of lumia series.

Thanks for the input everyone!

I'm gonna go check out the 925 in-store and see how it sings to me lol. Damm electronics are tempting..lol

slimmer, aluminum backed, 6 lens camera with dual led flash in comparison to the 920 polycarbonate case, 5 lens camera and single led flash. the 928 is a slimmer polycarbonate case with 5 lens and xenon flash.

Back