T-Mobile Nokia Lumia 925 for $199.95

King of Heroes

[H]ard|Gawd
(The temperature of this will depend on how much or how little you give a crap about Windows Phone 8)

Home Shopping Network has the Nokia Lumia 925 for T-Mobile for $199.95. Before this the lowest price I found for it was $249.99 at Newegg.

Just got this myself since it seemed like a cheap upgrade from my Lumia 521 (at least in hardware) without leaving the WP8 platform. T-Mobile just dropped the Lumia Black update to my 521 a few days ago, so the 925 should have it too. I've also heard that it'll be updated to WP8.1 whenever that drops.

If you bought the phone straight up just call support and they'll send you unlock code and instructions via email. Usually takes them 3 days to email. I've unlocked all my tmo phones first week I got them. The ones on a payment plan are the ones that take 6 weeks.

I'd search around... I thought I read somewhere that nokia on newer models of windows phone was not carrier locking their phones.... I could be wrong.

I think the forum I read it on was wpcentral.com

BTW I have the nokia lumia Icon through verizon and LOVE it

for those considering windows phone keep in mind the apps are seriously lacking right now. I was able to get all the things I used on android and iphone but as fro a broad selection.... no so much. It may get there and the soon to be released WP 8.1 should help that a lot as it will allow unified apps across tablets and phone!

Other wise besides the apps using the phone has been great very smooth and fluid, easy to use, battery life has been waaaaaay better than my previous experience with iphones and a galaxy s3.

I bought my son the Lumia 920 and he has loved it so far, loves the fact he isnt tied to iTunes anymore and can just dump music on it at any time.

Not much has changed for windows phones. Its the circle of having such a lower user base no one is going to spend precious resources on developing apps for it. Most in the industry think they should kill it. I agree.

http://www.computerworld.com/s/arti...s_Phone_or_risk_dying_analyst_tells_Microsoft

Analyst.���� Good thing Microsoft knows more about what they are doing than that person. Sorry, I do not want an Android or iPhone nor do I want something that is not going to support other Microsoft hardware properly.

As far as this deal goes, I already have an HTC 8X or I would buy this for sure. Sometimes, people just do not think much when they say things like that. Oh, and things have changed a lot for the better in the last couple of years.

Last edited:
Although Windows Phone is a great OS, the biggest problem I see is that it doesn't get a whole lot of support because

1) Google refuses to make any apps for it because MS and Google hate each other
2) low user base. and of those, most have very low end phones (because they are poor) and are in no position to BUY apps, ever.

The arguments against Windows Phone are as ridiculous as the arguments against using a Mac. What apps do you need that you're unable to find third party equivalents for? And as is often the case, the third party apps trump the official ones in quality anyways.

I use WP. I came from Android. I've used iOS. Anything with millions of users will have the apps that you need to get through your mobile day, they'll just have a different name. There are certain people for whom this is not true, but the vast majority of mobile users aren't doing anything mission critical on their phones - they're syncing contacts, listening to music, watching videos, playing dumb games and sharing cat memes.

Got my 925 on Saturday and I'm loving it. Its perceptibly faster than the 521 in every way, so much so that my issues with I.E. Mobile (shitty tab management) have gone away just because of that; has a vastly superior camera; and Youtube and music streaming is awesome because of actual LTE instead of the fake-4G the 521 had. I also like that its something I actually want to take out of my pocket in use whenever I get the chance. The 521 was great for what it offered, but it was still rather cheaply built (being an $80 phone, this was expected).

How quickly do these phones charge via wireless charging with the associated case? Slower than regular USB?

Looking at my battery app, looks like the average charging rate is 23% an hour and for me that is almost all wirelessly. The battery lasts a long time, though, with <4% per hour discharge. (from a battery app)

I think plugging it in is faster, but not by much, and I have found the usb cable to be a little hard to get in.''

I've been very happy with this phone -- I'm less happy that I still owe >$200 on it and can't come up with a way that this sale phone would help me.

Back