T-Mobile Free Service for First Responder..

• Thread starter Deleted member 290925
  • Start date
damn 10 years, not bad.

Lets see how long until it gets abused.... I mean sure it'll be harder to fool than getting Amazon Prime student rates through an .edu email account, but I'm sure people will try.

So pretty much you have to establish a business account in the name of the municipality or agency. So...I seriously doubt if I went to my 4500 man agency and said, "Hey, do you mind if I establish a business account in the name of the agency so I get free cell service?" they would do anything except throw me out of the office... Also, you only get 1GB of 4G or above data, but if you want more than that, you can pay $15 and get more data.

Otherwise, you can go as an individual first responder and pay $35 a line (4 lines) and get their normal high tiered unlimited package ($25 for the lower tiered unlimited package) with 4 lines. Someone like myself who doesn't need 4 lines of data is paying more...

Pretty much this doesn't help the individual first responder with his individual cell phone bill even though it sounds like it would from the misleading label.

Last edited:
So pretty much you have to establish a business account in the name of the municipality or agency. So...I seriously doubt if I went to my 4500 man agency and said, "Hey, do you mind if I establish a business account in the name of the agency so I get free cell service?" they would do anything except throw me out of the office... Also, you only get 1GB of 4G or above data, but if you want more than that, you can pay $15 and get more data.

Otherwise, you can go as an individual first responder and pay $35 a line (4 lines) and get their normal high tiered unlimited package ($25 for the lower tiered unlimited package) with 4 lines. Someone like myself who doesn't need 4 lines of data is paying more...

Pretty much this doesn't help the individual first responder with his individual cell phone bill even though it sounds like it would from the misleading label.

it's pretty much the standard package they've always had for first responder agencies.. talked my dad who works for AMR and this has literally been the deal they've had with sprint for the last 10 years after they moved away from nextel(which was bought by sprint) with the same discount you could get on your personal service. they're just marketing a service that has always existed for media karma points basically. almost all the people working there use AT&T and verizon for their personal service instead because of the stupid 4 line rule in the deal.

Back