T-Mobile Fires Out Invite for NYC Event

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
T-Mobile is always up to something to keep the wireless industry off balance and this week is no different. T-Mobile just sent out invitations for an event on March 18th promising something big, as in really big. It’s another in a series of T-Mobile teases that gets the buzz going prior to the big event. :cool:

After giving T-Mobile a try for a year we are at a point where my wife just can't stand it anymore. And I can't say I feel any better -

I have Verizon through my work (since it's a work phone). She has T-Mobile. She NEVER has service the majority of time when driving around a huge main city. I always have service. Overall they simply need to increase their towers, because it's a huge problem.

What city, Cyraxx? T-Mo is good (3-5 bars) in the cities I've visited since early 2014 - Vegas, San Fran, Dallas, Orlando, Tampa, even down in the Keys. I live in Atlanta and get 4-5 bars just about everywhere.

What city, Cyraxx? T-Mo is good (3-5 bars) in the cities I've visited since early 2014 - Vegas, San Fran, Dallas, Orlando, Tampa, even down in the Keys. I live in Atlanta and get 4-5 bars just about everywhere.

Houston, TX... Maybe it's a problem with her phone? I have no idea...

It's a lack of 4G as well.

Where I live in a major metro near airport data is much better with Tmo than AT&T and both are better than Sprint. Verizon is top and if I ever switch I'd consider Tmo since they're not shady like AT&T.

Cyraxx,

Have you given T-Mo a call to see if there is setting within the phone that need to be setup differently?
I also live in Houston, TX and I use a Samsung Note 4. This phone for some reason has much better connectivity than my Note 2 ever did. I work in a medical atmosphere and I couldn't get 4G in my building before, but with my Note 4 I can.
It may be to area may have some sort of interference. Houston, TX is a pretty happening city so there shouldn't be any reason for it not to work.

best of luck bro

After giving T-Mobile a try for a year we are at a point where my wife just can't stand it anymore. She has T-Mobile. She NEVER has service the majority of time when driving around a huge main city. I always have service.

I'll 2nd on checking the phone. Some phones are not setup to receive all the bands that T-Mobile uses.

If you usually have voice service, and the main problem is poor data reception or speed, you might have to switch to a different phone that receives the other bands.

Unless it's a 200$ credit towards a new phone or being able to use any carriers cellphone? not interested.

I recently went to Verizon cause T-Mo here in Dallas is kinda spotty at times, especially from 10a-3pm. If T-Mo had the coverage, i certainly would have stayed with them. No issues with the service when i actually had coverage. Good data speeds also in covered areas. My bills were always the same, and there were no "suprises." They dealt straight with me, but their coverage is unfortunately not as good as Verizon's.

I've thought about dropping T-mo for verizon just for better data and coverage. but, i'm still hesitant.

Love and hate T-Mobile:

Love them because of what they are doing in the industry.
Hate them because their service is shit for me generally (Live 35~45 min South of Houston).

Been with AT&T for years, would love to ditch them because of how much they cost, but their network is and generally always has been solid.

I too have spotty coverage, but it's something I can deal with for 1/3-1/4 the cost.

Coverage is pretty good where I am but then again, the corporate office is 5 miles down the road. I was in Houston for a week last year. Coverage was acceptable around downtown but I was too busy trying not to die every 5 minutes while driving anywhere else to notice bad service.

Only went to Verizon cause i don't want to miss any job offer calls. :eek:

I'm in San Diego and love T-Mobile. I was on Maui in January at the top of Haleakala, (10,000 ft up) and still getting 4G signal with T-Mobile lol.

Back