T-Mobile CEO Offers To Pay For Fire Fighters' $73K Verizon Bill

No, I just know that people have gotten sued due to somebody having a DNR and somebody gave them CPR not knowing that. My comment was meant as a joke anyway since you were saying that you wanted some people in this thread to die.

I don't want anyone to die. I was referring to my logic as being retarded. Using as an example. :)

It might be the case, but he didn't say that. It's not so obvious to me. Why would you say A when you mean B? There is a very important distinction between asking for a specific method, and asking for the most expensive method. That's why wording is very important here. But as I already said they might just have messed up the statement in scrambling to get it out asap. I'm not saying there is necessarily foul play going on.

It's like the waiter saying "He asked for the most expensive meal" Wouldn't you say that's strange?
Because the Fire Department (or whoever made the request) said, "we want you to move the cables across the street" and likely said they wanted them burried, which is the most expensive option. If I go to an AV store and say I want the 77" paper thin LG OLED TV, I may not have said "I want the most expensive TV," but that's what I asked for.

They asked for a quote for the most expensive method to move the lines.

Because the Fire Department (or whoever made the request) said, "we want you to move the cables across the street" and likely said they wanted them burried, which is the most expensive option. If I go to an AV store and say I want the 77" paper thin LG OLED TV, I may not have said "I want the most expensive TV," but that's what I asked for.

They asked for a quote for the most expensive method to move the lines.
You don't have to explain I understand the meaning. It's just that I wouldn't have worded it like that. But maybe it only sounds ambiguous to me because as Exavior has mentioned English is not my first language.

Verizon screwed the pooch on this one. Pay to move the lines. Pay a little bit more to upgrade them since most of the leg work is already done. Lease out the extra bandwidth to local entrepreneurs. Then phase out "Verizon" service in that town and lease out the remaining lines. Write off the 73k and cut the CSR jobs that service that area. Spend a little, Make a little, Save millions. Many of these big name providers loathe servicing rural communities. The number of subscribers they get vs customer support costs eats heavily into their profits, and they are all about profits. Some places they are required to service as part of an agreement with county/state officials, so "good enough" is usually what they dole out as their part of the "agreement"

But of course, doing something like that makes way to much sense, and is far too much work. Its much easier for the CEOs to say "FU" and collect their fat bonuses.

If I had the billions, or the reins of a company like Verizon, I would go about doing just that all across this country. Lay the foundation and let other people do the rest of the work to service it, and collect mounds of cash with minimal liability. You would be surprised how much profit is available when you don't have to pay for an army of lawyers and technicians.

But then again, if I had the money these guys do, I would likely do diddly squat and tell people to F off, cause hey im rich, and if I get fired I get a massive bonus for my amazing service of doing nothing.:D

Verizon screwed the pooch on this one. Pay to move the lines. Pay a little bit more to upgrade them since most of the leg work is already done. Lease out the extra bandwidth to local entrepreneurs. Then phase out "Verizon" service in that town and lease out the remaining lines. Write off the 73k and cut the CSR jobs that service that area. Spend a little, Make a little, Save millions. Many of these big name providers loathe servicing rural communities. The number of subscribers they get vs customer support costs eats heavily into their profits, and they are all about profits. Some places they are required to service as part of an agreement with county/state officials, so "good enough" is usually what they dole out as their part of the "agreement"

But of course, doing something like that makes way to much sense, and is far too much work. Its much easier for the CEOs to say "FU" and collect their fat bonuses.

If I had the billions, or the reins of a company like Verizon, I would go about doing just that all across this country. Lay the foundation and let other people do the rest of the work to service it, and collect mounds of cash with minimal liability. You would be surprised how much profit is available when you don't have to pay for an army of lawyers and technicians.

But then again, if I had the money these guys do, I would likely do diddly squat and tell people to F off, cause hey im rich, and if I get fired I get a massive bonus for my amazing service of doing nothing.:D

You are off on most of your points there. First off they are only moving 1000 feet of cables so there is nothing to upgrade, this is a 1 to 1 move. They would have to be doing a lot more to be able to do anything of value for upgrades. About the best they could do is put in an extra pipe so that they can pull something else through later, but for the distance that short is really isn't worth it. There would be no extra bandwidth because again you won't gain anything in that short of a run. As for CSRs, they have call centers not people working in each city. So even if they gave the city to somebody else they wouldn't save anything. Now they could fire the I&R techs unless that is what you are calling CSRs. That said the area has to be profitable to them otherwise they would have sold that to Frontier with the rest of the places they sold years ago. Many of which I am surprised Frontier hasn't turned around and sold off yet. It is like watching a house flipping show looking at some of the areas they bought. They bought a piece of shit and now have to try to figure out how to flip it to make money.

Verizon closes shop on the island and the island suddenly has no phones or internet. Win-win!

Except for Charter Cable, Eastern Shore and Bloosurf. All Verizon leaving would do is make more opportunity for T-mobile.

Maybe they can use some of the billions of dollars they've taken from the US populace to do that shit since they never used any of it for upgrades. Or, I dunno, reduce their executive pay a smidge?

Maybe YOU should start working for free for people instead asking someone else to do it. Dont like Verizon? Dont use them.

Maybe YOU should start working for free for people instead asking someone else to do it. Dont like Verizon? Dont use them.

I didn't suggest they work for free. I suggested they use money for work they've actually already been paid to do but instead told everyone (collectively, including you) to go fuck themselves.

But yea, sure, twist my words into something they aren't in your attempt to white knight for a multi-billion dollar Goliath of a company that would shit into your bed and call it a feature upgrade. I'm sure Verizon appreciates you. :p

Back