System will not boot with Patriot memory

Creepin_D

[H]ard|Gawd
I am building a budget system for my folks, here is a list of system specs:

Asus P8B75
Intel i3-3220
2x4 Patriot Memory: Intel Extreme Masters Limited Edition.(PC3-12800 1600Mhz 1.5V)

No matter what I do with the memory the system will not boot. The cpu fan spins for about 2 sec, and stops. It will repeat this cycle until I power down the system.

When I install my Corsair Vengeance memory, the system boots just fine and I can go into windows.

What is about the Patriot memory that my system hate?

Thanks.

Have you tried loosening the timings? What are your current voltage and timing settings?

Have you tried with just one stick installed, and then switch them?

opps, when I said my system will not boot what I should have said was it will not post. So there is no way I can make any changes in the BIOS.

Sorry, I should have been more clear.

Try a single stick. If that does not work try the other stick in single configuration.

When I install my Corsair Vengeance memory, the system boots just fine and I can go into windows.

You can then go into the bios and reset everything to default with the Corsair ram and then try the Patriot ram.

Already did, with no luck. I dunno what else I can do, aside from getting new ram. :(

Yes, like others noted, try it in another machine to be sure as well as testing individual sticks.

Back