Votes: 4 12.1%
  • No, it's a worthless POS

Votes: 20 60.6%
  • It's enabled, but I'll never use it.

Votes: 9 27.3%

• Total voters

djnes

Fully [H]
Okay, let me hear your opinions. I just had a discussion with a friend, who tried to tell me the "virtues" of system restore. However, every company I've consulted for, has always disabled it. Symantec also recommends not using it, and they re-iterate that each time we fight a major virus outbreak.

I have it enabled but I've never used the system restore program. HOWEVER, I have copied old versions of the registry out of the system restore directory countless times and have revived fujacked mahines countless times doing it.

Disabled here per symantec and other companies recommendation :D

oldmx

I've used driver rollback, but not really system restore. The one time I did run system restore, I had stability issues. I'm not blaming system restore for that, but I find working off clean ghost images to be easier for me to manage rather than making sure I have things fixed from a system point.

I used it once on a machine that was brought to me where the registry was royally fucked to the point of it not booting. That was the only time I had used it, I have it enabled on my machines but have never used it.

I always disable it as well. I use Acronis True Image to create backup images regularly after full AV & AT scans (at least once a week & always prior to any kind of install/uninstall).

I've never had to use it, so it is off on my machine. Now, since I just said that, I'm going to need it.

It's enabled, but i dunno why i don't turn it off. It never seems to work why i try it. I always get the "could not restore" error.

never used... I just keep a few copies of images.. 3 that I rotate.. my original and then 2 others that I make/ update at random "stable system" times

feverfive said:
I always disable it as well. I use Acronis True Image to create backup images regularly after full AV & AT scans (at least once a week & always prior to any kind of install/uninstall).

Precisely. Who needs system restore when you have a ghost/acronis backup?

Virii and spyware love system restore!

Back