System reboots after "loading windows files"

paco16

Limp Gawd
Hey all! I just got my system running stable, (@ 3.2 w/ dummy oc- Prime95 running for 8 hours, 3DMark06 running on a loop). Temps stay below 45 degrees Celsius with a Zalman 9900led and Arctic Silver 9.

Windows XP (32 Bit) is installed and running perfectly, however every time I try to install either Windows 7 RC1 64 bit, or Vista 64bit premium; the system goes through the "loading Windows files" screen and immediately reboots.
I have tried stock settings, updated BIOS, BIOS defaults, removing components and checking/reseating cables and ram. I have even broke this system down to barebones and nothing seems to work.
Originally when I got this board (in sig) I couldn't load Vista unless I populated one stick in the slot farthest from the CPU... I may go back to that but wouldn't mind loading Windows 7 with a full 6 gig kit... Either way I'm looking for suggestions or ideas because Vista won't load at all anymore. Maybe I'm missing something...?

P.S. My GPU doesn't go above 70 degrees with a load either...

Last edited:
Oh, I've also run memtest and there are no errors on a full test... (i forget what the option is called)

Did I say something wrong? Not enough information? Sound like a new-guy?
Let me know, I'm dying to figure this issue out.

Back