System cant see SBXi-Fi titanium fatality sound card

AnNiMosSiTY

Limp Gawd
Hello,

I got a new sound card and SSD drive. I reformatted and put them both in, win7x64 install was smooth and SSD is very snappy. The issue is when i went to install drivers for my sound card it does not see the hardware in the system. I have it connected to the lowest PCIE slot on my mobo (Gigabyte-790XTA-UD4). The little black plastic piece of the sound card that says xi-fi is lit up so i know its got a good connection. I have disabled and re-enabled onboard audio to see if that had anything to do with it. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Is some sort of multimedia audio controller or x-fi audio processor shown in device manager? Something should be shown there. Plus, doesn't windows 7 give very basic sound support for x-fi's even without drivers? (to at least get system sounds...)

you downloading the latest drivers? I have had that problem with the drivers on the disk, however the downloaded ones work fine. Just throw the disk away and you should be good now and in the future.

Damnit, I read your guys replys from work. I just got home and tried newest drivers from the site and the patch nsx241 mentioned and it will still not detect anything.

Here is a SS of what I am getting.
blahu.jpg

I threw my old PCI card back in for now. My PCIE x1 port is blocked by my video card. I have a PCIE x 8 port on the bottom of my mobo thats open and that is what I have this card plugged into. This should still work right? I am unsure if I should have newegg send a replacement or just go with one of these instead.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829156015

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829132001

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829271001

I use headphones (sennheiser HD 595's) 75% of the time but I have a nice Denon reciever I would like to hook up VIA f/optic as well here and there.

Here's something else to try - I had to do this before the identification module update was available. Uninstall everything Creative related (use driver sweeper to check for this). Disable your onboard audio if you have one. Then, run windows update. You should get a driver update that's for your creative sound card (might be listed as an optional update, can't remember). Install it. Then install the newer creative driver.

Maybe the 8x slot on your motherboard is bad. Try putting your video card in it to see if it works.

If it does, then either the X-fi is faulty of for some reason windows is not detecting it.

You can always load up something like Sisoft Sandra or Everest to see if they detect anything in the slot.

You may also want to try the "beta" driver set for the Titanium cards. They are listed only for XP, but I have downloaded them and the package does have Vista/7 drivers in it. The installer will also work in Vista/7 32 or 64-bit.

Maybe the 8x slot on your motherboard is bad. Try putting your video card in it to see if it works.

If it does, then either the X-fi is faulty of for some reason windows is not detecting it.

You can always load up something like Sisoft Sandra or Everest to see if they detect anything in the slot.

You may also want to try the "beta" driver set for the Titanium cards. They are listed only for XP, but I have downloaded them and the package does have Vista/7 drivers in it. The installer will also work in Vista/7 32 or 64-bit.

I tried it in another PC and got the same results. My brother has the same exact PC except different brand RAM.

Um, did you try the card in another slot ? I know that's old school but sometimes today that still applies.

Um, did you try the card in another slot ? I know that's old school but sometimes today that still applies.

Yea I did try that as well. I'm pretty sure the card is DOA, I RMA'd it. I am prolly gonna go with the auzentech with the headphone amp that looks like it would be interesting with my HD595's.

Back