System Administrator Day!

jeffmoss26

2[H]4U
Tomorrow is System Administrator day! http://www.sysadminday.com/
I get to celebrate the first week of my new job, I am the new network administrator for a 150 employee manufacturing company here in Cleveland.
Maybe my boss and I will get a cake tomorrow (LOL)

I remembered to send out an email to our administration team about sysadmin day... and of course everyone has ignored it again!

We celebrate adminsitrative assistant (secretary) day, nurses week, doctor's day, etc. On top of that our facilities (healthcare) usually celebrate weeks for different departements (lab, radiology, etc.). Every damn year the IT/system admins get left out or ignored :mad: Really makes one feel unappreciated!!!

we have 1000s of users I bet not one says thank you today (or any other day!)

Great sysadmin day for myself and the rest of the team. Busy day and then a phone call at 8:30 while at dinner saying the two floors above us flooded and has leaked on our floor, on top of that almost right on top of our data center! UGH luckily so far no damage to our data center just my office and a few other team members offices.

No idea of the cost since I just started this job last week, and they have been using it a few years. I like the program, it makes it easy to have a repository of everything we do, as well as recurring issues.
Every user has an icon on their desktop that launches SysAid to submit a service request. It sends an email to me, which goes to my Outlook and to my iPhone. Since I'm not always at my desk, I can go right to the next user if need be.

Back