Sync toy in Vista

nomak

Limp Gawd
so I downloaded new version created couple test folder with some files in one of them and empty in other.. did an echo and eveything was great.. decided to do so for my important files as this is a handy tool.. once doing so and comparinf file properties I get this,..

Doing an Echo between two folders. I notice that files are missing and the file sizes are not the same.. folders are but not files.. whats up with this..

For example:

Source folder : 9,789 files, 539 folders

Destination folder: 9,672 files, 539 folders

What is going on - aren't they supposed to stay in

I can live with that as long as it doesnt copy my pictures and other important files..

Unhide the hidden and system folders, and try the comparison again. While you have those options set, do a search for thumbs.db on both drives, and see if that makes up the difference.

I'm guessing you're trying to sync your user account folder correct? If so it's not going to grab all the files because many are system files. To check this go into your user account file, highlight everything and select properties. If the file count on this matches your sync toy count you're set.

That's a good catch. Add this to my growing list of reasons why i store everything on a data drive, and not in my "My" folders.

yes using sync toy version 2.0 and I did notice it wasnt copying thumb files but it didnt make up for the total amount in the file diferences.. these files were copy and pasted from XP pro into Vista ultimate about 6 months ago with identical file and folder amounts just now ran across sync toy thought it would be useful tool..

Back