Symptoms of Z560s dying

Staples

Supreme [H]ardness
I bought the Logitech Z560s about 6 months ago because I heard that that the sound was just great. I never really noticed that there were a ton of thread about bad reliability until after I had them. I have been hoping that I would not run into this common problem but it seems like I may have.

Today I noticed that neither of my rear speakers were working in a game. Though it was the soundcard but after a while, figured that the soundcard is playing both channels and thus not the problem. All four speakers work fine but no rear channel. I have concluded that the rear channel just does not work anymore. Maybe it will reset if I leave the power off for a while but as of now, seems I am down to a 2.1 setup.

What I want to know if anyone else has had this problem. I never read over what the symptoms were but I believe it was a wire in the sub that burned out. Since only the rear speakers went out and not all of them, it is possible that I am experiencing this problem? Hopefully I can fix the problem whatever it is, this Audigy 2 ZS will go to waste with just a 2.1 setup.

Back