Symantec E-mail Proxy

djnes

Fully [H]
I have a user who allegedly clicked open an attachment from her Yahoo E-mail account. Ever since then, if her network connection is active and enabled, she has tons of pop-ups from Symantec E-mail Proxy blocking random e-mail messages from being sent, complaining about the e-mail address doesn't exist. I've tried Spybot, Symantec AV, and TrendMicro Housecall scans, and all came back clean. I found an SDFix program and ran it from a website, saying it would fix this, but it didn't. Her Outlook sent-items shows nothing so it's not coming from her e-mail account. No toolbars of any kind are installed.

The problem exists when I log in to other accounts on the computer, including the local admin. If I close down the ccApp.exe program from SAV, the messages go away, but I don't consider that a solution. I'm not even finding info online about this being a known malware instance. Anyone seen this before? The PC is an X Pro SP2 computer.

Turned out to be the W32.Stration.CX@mm virus, and the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool got rid of it, even after several virus scans failed to detect it.

Back