SXSW Game Awards Coming March 17th

rgMekanic

[H]ard|News
The South by Southwest gaming awards are coming on March 17th, and they have announced the nominees for the "Gamer's Voice Awards." These are the set of awards that are voted on by the public, with categories from Excellence in Musical Score to Video Game of the Year. You can check out the nominees here, and cast your votes for each category here.

I can't say I've gotten to play most of the games up for voting on this year. Most of the list seems comprised of console games, and I don't own a console.

Each year, SXSW Gaming staff members invite only a handful of the best games from among hundreds of entries to receive an exhibition spot at the SXSW Gaming Expo so that they can compete for a coveted Gamer’s Voice Award, with winners chosen exclusively by attendees.

Those nominations are completely out of touch, and a lot of the categories have games in it that make no sense. F1 2017 in the eSport category? But then again it is SXSW, which is run by a bunch of hipsters pretending that they're cool.

Nier:Automata all the way! GOTY for me. Coming up on a year since release so might need another play through.

SXSW Gaming Expo was fun when it was free. Now they charge you to get in the door. I just don't think it's the kind of show that requires an entrance fee.

Last edited:
Back