SWTOR: Who's gonna get it? :)

I'll be getting it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F0DAwZCXmg

this interview confirms this is a single player/story driven game with mmo elements as opposed to a mmo game with single player elements

8 playable classes means you can play this game 8 times and not get bored of the storylines...pretty impressive if u ask me

going on a limb here...imho, hardcore pvp'ers and hardcore mmo peeps won't like this game..see above

Very cool! Hell, I'm just excited because I love Star Wars games, ESPECIALLY KOTOR. Definitely does seem like there are a ton of MMO's coming out and too few are worth anything. Hell, even having heard that it'll be a star wars skin on WoW would make me want it lol. Didn't know about the whole single player point of view. I can wait to get groups of friends together to mob through it all :)

Ill wait 3 months or untill they release a 7 day trial. I am just downloading rift now that thye offered me a 7 day trial. Either I need to let it sit and see how it goes afer a few months or they need to give me a chance to check it out before i even consider dropping cash on it.

Everything they've released so far looks ultra-generic and uninspired.

Rigid tank/healer/dps roles in a 2011 MMO? In the Star Wars universe? Gimme a fucking break. "The Consular is the healing jedi, his job is to watch the lifebars and keep his teammates alive!" yawn...

SW:G had a much more interesting system 10 years ago. Even Rift, which stays very close to modern MMO conventions, has the cool multi-class system so players have more variety in their builds and can experiment a bit. I have no idea why a 2011 100+ million dollar MMO is going to recycle the same old tired bullshit that WoW already perfected.

Have you guys watched the gameplay videos? They're laughably bad.

We're going to get the typical EA treatment on this one. The game looks like garbage, but there is so much capital tied up in it's development that they're going to push it out and try to hype the hell out of it instead of making it good.

Guild Wars 2 is looking better and better each time more information is released. There are also a couple of very tech-forward Asian MMOs coming out soon that will raise the bar for art and style. SWTOR is not going to be successful with the features they've shown so far.

The more I research SWTOR the less interest I have in it. I was hoping for a deep Star Wars game, now I am expecting a shallow, milk toast MMO wrapped in Star Wars garb.

Guild Wars 2 will either take the MMO world by storm or be the biggest crash and burn title in memory. I am hoping Arenanet can deliver on all their promises and hype, but it is a tall order to fill.

On the fence. I would have preferred Bioware use their own futuristic world, or even Mass Effects, than the cut and dry, done to death Star Wars themes. Also something about grinding for hours with non stop, high pitched, pew-pewing lasers might just make my head explode.

I'm sure the haters will come in and rip that footage to shreds some how, but it looks fun to me. :) Very much liked the last couple of minutes.

I'm sure the haters will come in and rip that footage to shreds some how, but it looks fun to me. :) Very much liked the last couple of minutes.

Dude I simply can't wait for this game. I love what I've seen so far in all the footage to this day. It's exactly what I expected and hoped for honestly. They aren't reinventing the wheel and never said they were gonna. I'm all good with this game. ;)

Dude I simply can't wait for this game. I love what I've seen so far in all the footage to this day. It's exactly what I expected and hoped for honestly. They aren't reinventing the wheel and never said they were gonna. I'm all good with this game. ;)

Same... so long as they have RVR, it looks perfect for me :D.

After just watching that gameplay footage, I'm very impressed. Very nice graphics, environment is cool. I really like the fighting sequences. And even the music is good.

I'm definitley gonna be getting this. I'm more of a single player mmo type person anyways.

Got sick of wow, and then played rift which was meh. It's all good.

Star Wars is the stupidest, lamest, nerdiest, crappiest, crapfest collection of media that has ever existed. (movies and games)

*runs to hide in a deep, deep, deep, deep, dark, flame retardant hole*

Star Wars is the stupidest, lamest, nerdiest, crappiest, crapfest collection of media that has ever existed. (movies and games)

Having fun? No more or less nerdy or stupid than anything else. It's all relative. What's stupid to some is pure gold to others. I'm sure your into something that I or others may think is completely retarded. The key is to respect others enjoyments, even though they aren't your own or you don't share the same view.

However, it's more fun to troll so troll away. :rolleyes:

Trolls are everywhere. They are out to get you. They are lurking in every corner of every
forum just waiting for some flame bait to pop so they can run with it. They are the
equivalent of the forum boogie man. By not following the rules I have stated you are
literally standing in front of a mirror chanting 'Bloody Mary Bloody Mary' over and over
and taking the risk that she may just come out to play.

They will have PVP. :D

I mean RVR, not meaningless PVP stuffed into 10-minute instances :).

Having fun? No more or less nerdy or stupid than anything else. It's all relative. What's stupid to some is pure gold to others. I'm sure your into something that I or others may think is completely retarded. The key is to respect others enjoyments, even though they aren't your own or you don't share the same view.

QFT. Spot-on.

I mean RVR, not meaningless PVP stuffed into 10-minute instances :).

QFT. Spot-on.

RVR as in realm vs realm. I know what you meant. :p When I said it will have PVP i meant as in all it's itterations. World pvp and instanced (battleground pvp). AFAIK.:D

RVR as in realm vs realm. I know what you meant. :p When I said it will have PVP i meant as in all it's itterations. World pvp and instanced (battleground pvp). AFAIK.:D

Ahhh, I see :), a lot of people don't realize that RVR is any different, so I was pointing it out in case.

Being a Star Wars fan I will probably give this one a go. A couple of my friends who play WoW have played it though and said what they played of it was super linear. That would definitely be a turn off.

Being a Star Wars fan I will probably give this one a go. A couple of my friends who play WoW have played it though and said what they played of it was super linear. That would definitely be a turn off.

Well most people who have tried it, be it at pax or closed beta what have you, have all played it at very low levels. Usually level 10 or below so I mean your tallking noob starting areas mostly.

Plus they aren't stupid. They know not to make an mmo closed and linear ONLY. I know there will be quite a bit of linear SP questline shit to do but I also know they will have alot of more openness to the game for playing with friends, guildmates or what have you.

Hopefully this game gives me the same feeling I had when I first played the SWG beta and the longevity of WoW.

I am still annoyed they just didn't make a KOTOR 3. However I hope that this somehow continues the story and if that is the case I will get it.

I was joking...I love Star Wars. haha

I dont think so, I was looking forward to it but after reading some of the previews it looks like it'll be wow in space. I wanted something different.

But the interview said it's a single player game with MMO elements??:confused:
If thats the case...What warrants a sub fee?

But the interview said it's a single player game with MMO elements??:confused:
If thats the case...What warrants a sub fee?

That's his opinion based on a very very limited play through of the game at very low levels. he has no idea what he's talking about. they didn't spend 150mil +/- and 6 years in development time to make a sp game with some MMO elements, believe me. ;)

The devs have said many times it's a full fledged MMO as we've come to expect MMO's to be. Including leveling, sp questlines for your character, PVP, instanced dungeons, end game raiding, large persistant worlds. 17 planets that are huge dude. Even the smallest ones look massive in scope as far as I've seen in videos.

Ok so I just watched that video. I thought that was a different one which is why I hadn't watched it until now, thought I saw it already.

I don't walk away from that interview thinking this is a SP RPG with MMO elements. If anything I come away from that thinking it's gonna be an MMO with ALOT of SP Bioware RPG elements and that I'm really cool with. Serious story lines with alot of depth and incorporating MMO multiplayer as we have come to expect it in wow or any other mmo. What's not to like?

Ok so I just watched that video. I thought that was a different one which is why I hadn't watched it until now, thought I saw it already.

I don't walk away from that interview thinking this is a SP RPG with MMO elements. If anything I come away from that thinking it's gonna be an MMO with ALOT of SP Bioware RPG elements and that I'm really cool with. Serious story lines with alot of depth and incorporating MMO multiplayer as we have come to expect it in wow or any other mmo. What's not to like?

Precisely.

This is going to be a standard MMO in the TOR universe. I find not one thing wrong with that, and am also looking forward to it.

I think some of the misconception is that this game can be played solo or in group, but it appears, from most of the reading that I've done, the end game will be group focused, which is how it should be.

I'll be getting it

this interview confirms this is a single player/story driven game with mmo elements as opposed to a mmo game with single player elements

8 playable classes means you can play this game 8 times and not get bored of the storylines...pretty impressive if u ask me

going on a limb here...imho, hardcore pvp'ers and hardcore mmo peeps won't like this game..see above

just a heads up, there's no actual game footage in that interview. It's just an interview, which quite frankly, who cares at this stage? The game is playable, not some abstract concept still in the works. Show me the damn game, not discuss it as if it's not playable. And because it's just a Q&A at this stage of the process, it just tells me the game blows and the interviewer is sugar-coating it by making it sound better than the actual implementation is.

just a heads up, there's no actual game footage in that interview. It's just an interview, which quite frankly, who cares at this stage? The game is playable, not some abstract concept still in the works. Show me the damn game, not discuss it as if it's not playable. And because it's just a Q&A at this stage of the process, it just tells me the game blows and the interviewer is sugar-coating it by making it sound better than the actual implementation is.

Dude you are dead wrong. Sugar coating what exactly? Are you kidding? Look around a bit there is a fuck TON of in game footage and real gameplay from real people all over the place. Just goto youtube and look. You for real?

watch what daniel says from the 5min mark to the 6 min mark

he even states 'pve, space games, MULTIPLAYER REALLY, are all things we consider you DON"T HAVE TO DO THEM'

come on pal, its right there, he said it...ergo, single player game with OPTIONAL multiplayer elements..it can't get plainer than that

he even states 'pve, space games, MULTIPLAYER REALLY, are all things we consider you DON"T HAVE TO DO THEM'

come on pal, its right there, he said it...ergo, single player game with OPTIONAL multiplayer elements..it can't get plainer than that

I don't care what PR crap they are spewing, I've been reading reports from those playing the game. You can SOLO much of the game, BUT, it's a MMO through and through, which means, the best stuff and much of the content is going to come through group based play.

And quite frankly, that's how it should be. If you want a single player RPG, then go play one, TOR won't be your cup of tea.

Day 1 for me, I know it wont fill the hole that Galaxies left but it looks more fun than WoW/eve

How exactly do you take "pve, space games, MP really all things we consider that you don't have to do" as single player with optional MP? They have said time and time again in a plethora of interviews this is an MMO true and true. Yes, you don't have to do all the traditional MMO things people do since they have a big part of the game being SP for players but it's there for those that do. I have been followinfg the development of this game for over 4 years and I can tell you it's not a fucking single player game with a MP component tacked on. Trust me on this. Look at other interviews do a little more homework 'pal' then come back at me.

Well, I think I'll treat it as SP game. Buy the box, play the 30 days, then finish story lines for Jedi/Sith and propably won't renew the sub... will be as playing Kotor 3

Though....
[Angry statement]: Kotor wthout HK-47 isn't Kotor at all, meatbags

Back