SWTOR Freemium preview

hmmf? this game is still around?

Is it the biggest bust ever?

A friend of mine was all pumped for this game. I said, wait and see. If it is good, it will be great.

Guess not. He wasted $$ and I didn't.

Really advise everyone to do so. Especially with MMOs. Give it a month and see if the company has it's shit together I always say.

Even though I spent money on the game doesn't mean I regret anything. I enjoyed it thoroughly while I played it.

They just did not make a very good game. They should have gave it more time and worked on it longer.

They just did not make a very good game. They should have gave it more time and worked on it longer.

This doesn't always mean it would be better though. They could have used the extra time for more bad ideas. :)

what? this game was amazing. the problem was the subscription. and the lack of content at 60.

MMOs are about communities and groups of people playing. one person gets bored and leaves another one goes too. if 5 of my friends quit am i gonna pug a flashpoint or quit? ima fuckin quit.

the game was amazing especially leveling up was awesome. but the lack of content at the end and the terrible open pvp system fucked everything up.

what? this game was amazing. the problem was the subscription. and the lack of content at 60.

MMOs are about communities and groups of people playing. one person gets bored and leaves another one goes too. if 5 of my friends quit am i gonna pug a flashpoint or quit? ima fuckin quit.

the game was amazing especially leveling up was awesome. but the lack of content at the end and the terrible open pvp system fucked everything up.

I didn't think it was that great. After a short while, the voice acting got a little stale. Its pretty obvious they banked on voice acting being the key, but the reality of it is...it was nothing more than a gimmick and the gameplay was completely boring. The planets were too small imo as well, the mobs were just lame, very few mechanics and just sat there and took it in the jaw. I only maxed bounty hunter but I could not finish the storyline missions because I got bored at its repetitiveness. I started a few other toons but it seemed like more of the same to me.

I bought the DD version, played during the headstart, got bored and quit. I haven't even activated the free first month yet.

I have tried multiple times to get into to the game, and I was so excited I went out and purchased the CE version. $150 dollars, OUCH!! MMO's just aren't really fun to me anymore. I have had more fun running with friends through Borderlands co-op then I have through MMO's.

Now our next worry is in the works, Elder Scrolls Online! Why didn't the just build in a co-op capability into Skyrim or the next Elder Scrolls? ~sigh~

Oh well, workin' through another month of this TOR hoping I can get into it. The Sith Warrior isn't too bad so far, as I have just completed the first act.

Former subscribers will have access to what they call Preferred Status:

As a Preferred Status player, access will be unlocked to the following features:

The ability to run faster (Sprint) starting at Level 1.
Cargo Hold access (Bank Slots) and higher login queue priority.
Increased access to Chat and Secure Trading.
Post more items for sale on the in-game Galactic Trade Network.

Too bad that former subscribers who paid $60 or more for the game are getting screwed. Sure we'll get Preferred Status, but any new FTP player that spends $5 or more in the Cartel Market will also get it. Our "bonus" of Cartel Coins for prior months subscribed will cost us $15 for a months subscription (before Dec.20th) to unlock and use.

Back