Sword and Fairy 7

Game looks gorgeous. There are English subtitles, but some are saying they're a little rough.

I will give it a go soon. At $30 it seems well worth it. Really clean visuals. Apparently it's a GPU melter, UE4 Engine/DX12/RT.

some spoilers here, be warned:

UE4 stutter machine,game looks great and if you get past the stuttering and bugs,it may be worth a play.

I played it a few hours and am enjoying it so far. I haven't yet encountered any serious stuttering. There was some briefly while entering new areas, but so far nothing annoying. Perhaps they have patched things up a little. I'm on a 9900KS / 3090FE / 16GB DDR4 / Windows 11 Pro (21H2/22000.613, latest drivers/bios and OS updates, no background programs running).

The story is pretty interesting to me, having never really played a Chinese adventure game like this before. And the cutscene quality is very good. Main quest and side quests are fun so far. When I finish the game I will give it a more in-depth review in the game review thread. So far I have only positive things to say about it. This is the type of high visual quality fantasy adventure game I used to dream about 20 years ago when we had the nature demo in 3dmark2k1.

If you try it, I recommend disabling HDR in Windows first. The game just looks better this way imo. It sets graphics settings automatically, though there are some ini files you can fiddle with if you want to (including HDR settings, etc.).

Edit: I posted my review of the game.

Last edited:
Back