Switching users loses toolbars in IE

yorobbie

n00b
Hey all,
This is a new one for me, I hope someone can help. If I have any number of IE windows open, then switch users to my wifes side, leaving IE windows open on my side. When I come back to my side, whether I opened IE on her side or not, all of my toolbars are gone, Google, address, standard buttons, everything. It's just a big blank at the top of the page. When I open a new instance of IE their back. But why did they disappear on my open IE's. This is peculiar behavior I have never seen before, I have no idea where to start trying to fix it.
Any suggestions?

Im not too sure what you mean by switching "sides" to another user? Could be that her profile does not have the same toolbar installs you do and somehow screws yours up. But please elaborate on what exactly you are switching sides with.

Switch sides; ie. Start/Logoff/Switch User/Kristy. Going back, Start/LogOff/Swich User or LogOut/Robb. End result my toolbars are gone. Everything I install I install for all users. Her IE is set up just like mine but with a different Homepage. Does that answer you question? Does it help you have a answer? The only thing I see different is her IE icon is still the new one from IE7. I tried that POS the other day and took it right back out. I'm switching back and forth as I type this checking things out, and now I'm more confused. The first switch it did what I'm saying, and after a second switch now my toolbars are back. I tried a trird switch and their still there. I'm going to uninstall and reinstall IE from her side after I post this, and I'll get back to you in a few minutes. I don't know what to think any more. BRB

Now her IE icon looks right(not IE7 look), and it still acts the same. First switch, no toolbars, second and subsequent switches, toolbars return. Totally weird. I'm going to try starting from her side and see if it does the same. BRB

It does the same thing if I'm starting on her side. I switch and come back and her toolbars are gone. WTF? This is not the end of the world, but it's still BS. Any ideas?

Back