Switch to verizon from Sprint?

tunatime

Well...OK
we just had a Verizon rep come to our office and he claimed that Verizon has a much better network and that we would get $400 credit per line x8 lines.

So my dad wants me to look into it so what do y'all think? Is it worth switching to Verizon?

Right now for phones we have
1 s4
4 s5
2 s6
1 s6 edge

Can any of these phones work on verizon?

Get a quote from the rep. Look at what the normal rate for service will be, not any promotional rate. Then compare to what you have now.

Pretty simple.

Much better network? Yes
Will it cost you more? Yes
Is it worth it? That depends on you and your usage.

I was on Sprint for 8 years and on Verizon the last two. I got a few family members to do a group plan which made it cheaper. Yes, I miss unlimited data but I don't miss Sprint's shitty download speeds. With the group plan I have I'm paying not much more than what I was paying on Sprint so overall I'm happy.

Also that 400$ credit will probably require you trade in your current phones and lease new phones @ X $ per month for 24 months.

Right now for phones we have
1 s4
4 s5
2 s6
1 s6 edge

Can any of these phones work on verizon?

Nope, you'll have to trade them in for new Verizon phones.

As to whether it's worth switching.. you'll have to do your own homework on that. I've been on Verizon for a decade now and the only thing keeping me with them is our unlimited data plans. Not sure if I'm going to renew my contract before they jack up their prices for my plan or not yet. I'm really tempted to go to T-Mo or Project Fi, but Verizon definitely does have better coverage where the rest of my family lives and we visit a lot.

It's probably not worth it to switch once you factor in the service and the total for monthly phone payments that they will make you pay.

I don't know what your data needs are but T-Mobile could be a good option if you have WiFi at the work place. You can use WiFi calling if the signal isn't great there.

From what I've noticed T-Mobile signal is a lot better then it has to be 2 years ago. We just switched from pre paid Verizon to T-Mobile and I'm really happy with the service so far

If Sprint works in your area, then there is no point in switching carriers.

If owning a new phone is the only reason to switch, then don't. I do believe Sprint offers early upgrade deals on newer phones.

I will say this-
I've been with Verizon for about 8 years and I don't remember the last time I've had a dropped call. Their coverage is exceptional and when you're in their 4G range(for me it's pretty much always), it's usually pretty damn quick.
But they are definitely more expensive than Sprint.

The GPS on Verizons network is absolute shit IMO.
GPS signal lost happens all of the time, even in a major city and I'm not sure why.
This is probably the only frustration I have with their network.

Every phone I've had on Verizon has/had this issue.

Last edited:
Seriously, look at your area's coverage. If your experience with Sprint is good, I suspect your TMo experience would be good as well. I would recommend switching to TMo if I were you and then switch back to Sprint if you want in on some deals. I was on Sprint and they would not give me the deals they were offering to new customers despite two phone calls, where one is them calling me.

I live in the south. And AT&T is the king of rural coverage in my area (gf and ex have AT&T; there are some small towns near Ole Miss where nothing but AT&T works.) Verizon isn't even close by my experience despite their coverage map showing that they should be pretty good. But I live in the city where T-Mo works well despite not having band 12. My work also provides an unlimited Verizon hotspot (government contract) for me, but I've hardly had to turn it on.

Last edited:
That's one reason we want to switch sprint has gone to shit the last year or so I never have more then 3 bars of 4g and we droop calls a few times a week or calls go right to voice mail.

We do hvac/ electrical and gas work and we ues quickbooks online(wich sucks balls btw) to make a invoice at the jobs and way to many times it only works if we go outside the house or building and even then some times it doesn't work

and we got the quote form Verizon and it will be about double a month of what we pay now! but they would give us $466 per line we switch so it would pay for the sprint etf and phones

and we got the quote form Verizon and it will be about double a month of what we pay now! but they would give us $466 per line we switch so it would pay for the sprint etf and phones

Ah there it is.

For running a business with 8 phones, what you really should do it get one phone on Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile, then use the phones until it is determined which works best in your area. Even cheap prepaid Android phones would be fine to check coverage and use Quickbooks.

First off sprint has always been shitty. But your looking as bending over and taking big red up the poop chute here...

Let me restate the most important part here. VERIZON IS GOING TO COST YOU DOUBLE. Forget etf forget phone costs. Look at the monthly cost here if you stay on sprint you save how much over the course of a year.

The GPS on Verizons network is absolute shit IMO.
GPS signal lost happens all of the time, even in a major city and I'm not sure why.
This is probably the only frustration I have with their network.

Every phone I've had on Verizon has/had this issue.

Wat.. GPS isn't dependent on your phone carrier, it uses its own dedicated GPS receiver/radio to track satellites orbiting earth. Some phones get better reception than others, but for the most part they all seem to perform about the same from what I've seen. Wife and I have never had any issues on our Verizon phones, GPS has been fine on my OG Droid, Gnex, Note 2, and current M8.

So the Verizon guy keep calling and calling and every time the price is lower the new deal is they buy all the sprint etfs and 2800 on top of that and the price per month is the same as Sprint now at $550ish but only 2gb a line.

So the Verizon guy keep calling and calling and every time the price is lower the new deal is they buy all the sprint etfs and 2800 on top of that and the price per month is the same as Sprint now at $550ish but only 2gb a line.

Have you even tried Verizon phones to validate they do work better in your work area?

Don't do it. As a former AT&T customer forced to Verizon by a family plan switch, just don't. Don't.

Places where service was great, it's horrible now. I get more dropped calls and straight-to-voicemail than ever before. The bill is another $100 a month in total, which works out to like $15/month more for me. Worse phone selection at the carrier, and don't have the option of buying any of the interesting unlocked phones anymore, cause Verizon clings to CDMA for no good goddamn reason. Don't switch from CDMA to CDMA, get away from that shit -- AT&T or even T-Mobile would be an improvement in most areas.

Last edited:
Would the Google fi thing work? I have an invite and its cheep as hell do you need a invite per line?

Would the Google fi thing work? I have an invite and its cheep as hell do you need a invite per line?

Sure if you want to combine poor Sprint service in your area with potentially also poor T-Mobile service and then expect a new gain out of that. It could work...

Back