Swiss Gear Backpacks @ Buydig

Like their luggage. Been looking for a backpack this size. Grabbed one, thanks.

Great deal! Snagged for work... Current bag has not been cutting it lately.

My last Swiss Gear backpack lasted me 3 years of daily use.

That must be some crazy harsh use. I've had a Swiss gear backpack for... I don't know how many years now. It's been 7-8+ probably. Daily use throughout college, obviously. Has some wear and tear (bit of peel on that bottom plastic part), but it's still going quite strong. Only really noticeable thing is one of the ring things on the bottom of the straps is broken (I think it was dangling outside of the car when I was driving one time, closed the door on the strap). I care about this exactly none at all.

I also have one that someone at work left behind, from probably over a decade ago. Has some small fraying and other stuff here and there, but still very usable.

Honestly they made these so well that they might be losing money over it. Maybe the later ones are going the route of planned obsolescence like everything else is these days.

In for one. I've been on the fence about getting a lap top backpack for work and at this price I had to spring.

That must be some crazy harsh use. I've had a Swiss gear backpack for... I don't know how many years now. It's been 7-8+ probably. Daily use throughout college, obviously. Has some wear and tear (bit of peel on that bottom plastic part), but it's still going quite strong. Only really noticeable thing is one of the ring things on the bottom of the straps is broken (I think it was dangling outside of the car when I was driving one time, closed the door on the strap). I care about this exactly none at all.

I also have one that someone at work left behind, from probably over a decade ago. Has some small fraying and other stuff here and there, but still very usable.

Honestly they made these so well that they might be losing money over it. Maybe the later ones are going the route of planned obsolescence like everything else is these days.
Mine has survived going around the world...literrally. It's my work bag and my personal bag. I've dumped tools in it before because I didn't want to take my Milwaukee Work packpack onsite. It's still quite usable, one of the air hole metal rings fell out so it's a matter of time before that hole becomes bigger and at this price point, thought I would just get a new one and share.

In for 1 thanks! Let me know what color you get! People on amazon have mixed reviews about color, some get the red and black others report dark blue and black.

When you order you dont have a choice of color options.

Thanks for the find. my current 5 year old daily use Swiss is starting to fray on one of the straps. these are very well built packs.

Thanks OP. The top handle of my last swissgear bag broke awhile ago. This will be a nice replacement. I hope it has similar pockets and places to stuff things. This is a very well designed brand.

All gone from what I can see. I use to have a Targus bag which was outstanding. I traveled all over the US with that thing... It got beat up, but never broke. My Swiss Gear did have some stitching pull apart and so the strap has an open spot, but overall, it's been good too.

In for 1 thanks! Let me know what color you get! People on amazon have mixed reviews about color, some get the red and black others report dark blue and black.

When you order you dont have a choice of color options.

Got an email from BuyDig:

Thanks for your recent order of the SwissGear Backpack (in Red). After shipping out your order, we noticed we shipped some customers Blue instead of Red. This was caused due to a manufacturing error where boxes were mislabeled. We do not have the Red version in stock.

If for whatever reason you are not happy with this, please reach out or reply to this email, and we will provide you with a pre-paid return shipping label. Once received, we will give you a full refund for the price paid.

Sincerely,
Buydig.com Customer Service
(800) 617-4686

Not too worried about receiving blue instead of red myself.

Damn, if I knew they were gonna send blue instead of red I would have got one haha

I almost pulled the trigger and then I remembered my 8 year old Swiss gear pack is still solid. I carry it 5-6 days a week. Zippers and seams are flawless.

My previous job, I had a Taurus. It was also a great laptop pack and flew to different plant every week.

Good find OP.

Thanks Penguincomp for pointing out this deal!

I got my blue pack yesterday and I am impressed with the build quality and materials. Its very comfortably carrying my work 15" laptop with extra battery, mouse, paperwork, wallet, etc.

I am going to get some good use out of this pack.

I got my backpack 2 days ago. The fabric is definitely softer and feels lighter than the same backpack I bought years ago. Definitely work $30!

Thanks Penguin.

Note a bad price, but I absolutely prefer the higher end SwissGear backpacks - they absolutely rock!

I've been sporting a SwissGear Wenger Ibex for years now and it has been worth every penny. The first one lasted me 11 years (a zipper finally gave out) and that's with daily use to/from work with a heavy workstation laptop as well as a whole bunch of air travel. Loved it so much I already had a spare backup on hand to replace it with. Decided to pick up a new spare just in case... then the wife stole it as she started working again. (She also loves it.) So, had to buy yet another spare.

If you need a really solid/dependable backpack that has loads of room and is VERY well designed, I can highly recommend the Ibex.

Edit:
The Ibex sports a padded storage area for up to a 17" laptop and also has a built in velcro strap that secures it in place under the zipper compartment. Penguincomp: Spring for the Ibex instead. It's well worth it.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Received mine today. It is blue as well. One thing I can say I don't like it vs my old one, it doesn't have the strap with velcro on the end to hold your laptop in it in case you forget to zip it up.

I noticed they show the velcro strap on the attached cardboard showing different features of the bag. I checked the laptop sleeve again, thinking I had missed it or it was tucked away somewhere. It would be a nice feature to have but not a deal breaker for me.

Perhaps this was omitted during manufacturing and why they are liquidating this model?

Back