Swiftech H240-X CPU Liquid Cooling AIO KiT @ [H]

[CoF] ATOMIC;1041388015 said:
Can anyone confirm that the Swiftech H240-X cannot be mounted vertically like I did here with the H100i?

a28Rekt.jpg

Hmm, why don't you mount the radiator on the bottom where you have empty bays? You'll get cooler air.

Swiftech can all be mounted in all positions BUTthe bottom with pump on top of radiator. l. The only position they cannot be mounted in is with pump on top of radiator.
radiator-orientationsx800.jpg

Thats correct. I mounted my H220x vertically. Works fine. I just don't get to see my tank in this use scenario.
LhV5Nzv.jpg

So I've been experiencing issues with my pump and I've come to find out that Swiftech might have the worst customer service I've experienced. I opened up my RMA with them well over a month ago and they've neglected to actually ship me my replacement after all this time. I'll contact them, and they'll say "Oh, we'll ship it out", and they never do. I've gone back and forth with them a dozen times

No one should have to deal with this. I'm going to say that Swiftech should probably be avoided and that anyone who was considering them should probably consider a more reliable brand instead. Keeping an eye on their support thread, it seems like a large amount of people have been having problems with their pump on the H240-X, for various reasons. So if you're looking to avoid a large potential head-ache when purchasing a CPU cooler - do yourself a favor and avoid this one.

Hmm, why don't you mount the radiator on the bottom where you have empty bays? You'll get cooler air.

I would agree that this mounting location is a little odd (if anything it should be right up against the wall of the case, so you blow everything outside, rather than turbulence keeping some hot air inside.

I profoundly disagree with the whole "sucking cold air in" thought process when it comes to radiators though. yes, you might get SLIGHTLY lower temps in the loops, but you also wind up with a ton of hot air inside the case, heating everything else up.

In my current setup I have my H110i GTX blowing out the top of my 750d. Right now, this isn't perfect, as my GPUs thus blow hot air through it on it's way out, but my plan is to get a couple of those HG10 N980 brackets when they come out, and exhaust all the GPU heat out the front of the case.

That way, CPU heat is blown out top, GPU heat is blown out front, and the only heat in the case is from minor heat generating components (and leakage heat from the AIO's)

Are they still manufacturing the H240x because their website shows out of stock for awhile (not sure if this is always the case with all wc gear). Also most retailers show out of stock and I'd like to get it directly from Swiftech.

Back