Swiftech H20-Apex *GROUP BUY*

oh no no no, now it see it, they just made soem more products to fill out the line. none of these things seem to be replacing the storm kit. they just replaced what used to primarily be kits centered on their 6002 blocks.

_-----------------------------_

ima go ahead and take that back, it is supposed to outpace the storm. ok whatever, i still love my storm and i always hated the block this apogee was based on. to the DEATH!

I don't know about you, but I'd rather have something butt ugly that was the dogs dongles and blew everything out of the water then to have something all pretty like that sucks....

Just my two cents. Everybody that says "but the storm looks better" are just trying not to feel bad that their storm block is now obsolete. Such is the way in the technology world of today.

el rolio said:
but, its not obsolete! is it? oh shit

No, it's not quite obsolete.

But it's most likely going to be outdone.

I'd take either myself, it's just tiring to read of people trying to justify their storm block when this one could me better. If it's better it's better and they need to accept that.

I'm not so sure it is any better as there seems to be some issues with the data that Swiftech acquired and published.

Lee at System Cooling is currently working on a review of the new block.................. :eek: It should be very informitive when he's finished with it................ :D

just to get everyone in the loop - this deal is not dead.

as many people here noted, swiftech is modifying this kit with new parts... so hence, they are taking even longer to get orders out to retailers. I have already spoken to Jab-Tech and they are looking to continue this deal with these new kits.

I haven't updated anyone cuz there really hasn't been any real developments to update.

I also do not reply to PM's for requests to be put on the order. That is what this thread is for.

I will update you all once there is more to be said - such as adjusted prices and estimated shipping dates... one thing to keep you foaming at the mouth is that i hear this kit is significantly cheaper now.

Hey man, go ahead and take me off the list, I had some circumstances which forced me to purchase it by thanksgiving, so I ordered one of the new kits from heatsinkfactory.com. It should be here tomorrow, I'll let everyone know how it performs after I get it installed. Hopefully that happens this weekend, depends on how much case modding i decide to do to install it into my cheiftec dragon case. I've got some ideas, but I need the kit in my hands to determine where I want to put everything. Of course pics will be in excess :)

alphakry said:
just to get everyone in the loop - this deal is not dead.

as many people here noted, swiftech is modifying this kit with new parts... so hence, they are taking even longer to get orders out to retailers. I have already spoken to Jab-Tech and they are looking to continue this deal with these new kits.

I haven't updated anyone cuz there really hasn't been any real developments to update.

I also do not reply to PM's for requests to be put on the order. That is what this thread is for.

I will update you all once there is more to be said - such as adjusted prices and estimated shipping dates... one thing to keep you foaming at the mouth is that i hear this kit is significantly cheaper now.

YAY, Group Buy! GAME ON! And im 3rd down on the list for getting the next coupons! Talk about timing...

Pricing as Per Swiftech.............. :D Subject to change I guess, but as of right now, it's still the same price as the original kit.

http://www.swiftnets.com/products/H20-220-APEX.asp#comparative

Manufacturer Suggested Retail Pricing
MSRP
US $259.95
H20-220-APEX ULTRA Complete CPU liquid kit for Intel socket 478 (Intel® Pentium® 4), socket 775 (Pentium® 4 "Prescott"), socket 603-604 (Intel® Xeon™ and "Nocona" class processors), socket 462 (AMD® Athlon®, Duron®, XP, MP), socket 754, 939, 940 (AMD® 64 bit processors)

I don't need to be on the list, broke down and ordered it seperate to ensure I got the Storm.

Anyone else find it odd that the MSRP of the kit didnt budge yet the apogee block is like $30 cheaper than the storm? (msrp vs msrp) Also alpha, the time is drawing o so near. I'll be willing to buy anytime now, so drop me back up there in the 'in's'. I could only sacrifice my spot for fellow [h]'ers for so long :p

any updates here? Coolerguys now has it in stock too... Man i wish Jab-Tech would light some fires, smack some asses, twist some nipples, whatever it takes to get some kits in stock!

OK... things are starting to develop. I will catch up on this thread within the next day or so...

a. all requests to be added has been completed. If you don't see your name on the list, let me know. Again, i DO NOT respond to PM's in regards to this deal. You must post on this thread.

b. I have spoken with Jab-Tech and a new, lower price is being negotiated for the kits using the new block.

This time around, the larger demand we get of DETICATED buyers - the much lower he can go. Swiftech is offering resellers incentives to buy in bulk, so Jab-Tech is going to try to pass these savings down to us little guys.'

I'll update you all when more information is known. Swiftech is faking moves on getting the kits shipped out - but they will hopefully be in stock by the end of this week.

Aw man. sacrifice my spot so other members can get in on the deal earlier, and now that back in, im at the bottom of the list. what a kick in the nuts :( hopefully the shipment will be large and ill get in on first round next week.

So the deal is still going on correct? For the new Ultra kit? Is it the same price as the regular kit? I know that once mid Jan hits next year and I have the money, Im in. But as for right now, :(

"JFYI the radiators have been on order since beginning Oct the Kits been on order for 3 weeks+ and they will try and ship something this Friday."

Swiftech told him that last week thou - so who knows.

what a bunch of lollygaggers...

Im considering buying one of the last Storm blocks that are in circulation cuz from the sounds of the Apogee, its not good.

Any chance of still getting this kit with the Storm or is it only going to be the Apogee block now?

The apex kit with the storm has been discontinued, and can only be found at scattered e-tailers now. If you want the original style apex kit now, you pretty much have to buy all the pieces seperately, which should remain a viable option since the storm itself has not been discontinued (yet!). This thread's deal now refers only to the apex ultra kit with the cheaper apogee.

The Apex Ultra is now in stock at Jab Tech... Any word? Prices?

Unfortunately i ordered the Storm Apex kit at Voyeur mods, and am waiting for Swiftech to drop ship my kit but they prefer to take their sweet ass time. They say they will ship out on Tuesday, so when all said and done it will be a week between me ordering, and their shipping. Im not happy...

well, i don't have time to go into details right now...

But due to the complaints (jeleousy) of other vendors, I am going to have to close this group buy down. Our vendor experienced extended delays compared to other vendors because of their complaints to Swiftech, so this deal is going to have to be cut off...

It was fun while it lasted i guesss... i'll post any more info if i know any, but as of right now, you can pretty much consider this a done deal.

It is amusing that vendors can complain about pricing. I would say that we do not discriminate from which vendor we buy it, but we say that we are a large group of somewhat well organized buyers, hence we want to exert power over the price. We even went as far as to say that we would rather wait than to pay more. In the end any vendor should be happy that we are willing to show our "reserve price" to them. By price discriminating, they are going to be able to extract extra profits.... oh well, I guess it's time for some shop owners to start going to business school. If I owend a WC retailer, I would have made sure as heck that I would be on this deal to increase my volume....

oh well, I guess I will not get into WCooling for another while... then again it's not like I have the time to put my system into my PC soon anyhow.

Rat bastards. Just goes to show what these vendors are like...I am new to water cooling and am appalled at this turn of events. Regardless, I will now have to buy my kit at full price, but guess what? It’ll be from jab-tech, regardless of the $10 cheaper price I *MIGHT* find at one of these other stores. They were cool enough to put their neck on the line for us, and unfortunately the others came by and chopped it off. I’m sticking with jab-tech now for water cooling and whatever other pc hardware I may need soon. I support a place that tries to work with the community in a win-win scenario rather than bleed it dry.

Back