Swiftech H20-8501 or Koolance Exos?

mpa4712

n00b
well, actually, the exos beats that kit. Ive got a thread around here that has a link in it with a review putting the two head to head. Exos was quite better.

Get the 8501 if you plan on upgrading your radiator or only cooling your CPU.

I had the 8500, the predecessor to your kit. And I have swapped out the pump, radiator, and am working on ridding my self of the fill/bleed valves.

It's a great kit for starting out, but it's more or less for a quiet PC enthusiast, and not for an overclocker or performance machines in rooms with high amibent temps.

I havent used the exos, so I can't say much about it.

They are both good systems. Which one you pick will be dependent on what your after. The EXOS is a self-contained unit that sits outside your case and the tubes run inside through a slot and is easy to switch between computers. The other unit sits inside the case and has perhaps more flexibility in using other manufacturers products.

Both seem to keep your CPU cool if you are intent is on OC. Getting into debates about which one is better is worthless. The EXOS works on a low flow high turbulence system and the Swiftech units run on a high flow low turbulence system. The EXOS uses 1/4" tubing and the Swiftech uses 1/2" tubing.

Decide what your requirements are and you will know whether to buy an EXOS or a Swiftech. If you decide a Swiftech unit is what your after then you may want to also look at all the other manufacturers that make similar units. The Koolance EXOS is a unique product designed to meet a specific need.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the Koolness factor. The EXOS really looks cool sitting on top your box. EVERYBODY wants to know what it is. And they now make an aluminum version that matches up nicely with a Lian-Li case from what I have heard. I personally like the contrast of my black EXOS sitting on my PC-70 case :p

Back