SweetFX 1.5 & Windows 8.1 - No worky?

Syphon Filter

2[H]4U
Chaps,

Just a quick one, I've recently heard about SweetFX and would like to try it out.

However, I can't get it working at all. Is this a straight up incompatibility with Windows 8.1/DX11.2?

I've seen a guide that uses RadeonPro (which apparently will work for nvidia users) but this is kinda my last resort.

I have tried with a couple of games. Tomb Raider runs but SweetFX appears to do nothing. Sleeping Dogs just doesn't run at all and throws some DLL error.

Any ideas? I'm new to SweetFX so I might be missing something obvious.

Any help appreciated.

Hey Siphon Filter!

Sweet FX is amazing! It worked best with windows 7, however. Right now the Radeon Pro method will hack in some of the functionality, but it is all hack and little reward. Fortunately, there is a "shader injector" being developed called efx. Efx will be compatible with direct x 9, 10, 11 and beyond as well as opengl! It will also allow SweetFX to work in Windows 8.

There is an alpha build out there in the official Efx for SweetFX thread that you can try, but it is far from full featured. I can't wait for Efx!

Hope this info helps!

I use SweetFX with Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas and Skyrim under Windows 7 and Windows 8.1.1 and haven't had an issue running it. Then again, any game I have (with the exception of a few) are installed in either C:\Games or C:\Steam to avoid the UAC issues.

Back