Sweet. the PC Power & Cooling 1KW is finally released.

Marduk

Gawd
<3

Custom built is on order. w00t!

Now, the question is whether to hold onto the 510 CL1 I had built, or sell it off.

Sick. Just sick man.

I want to know how much of a system can be built to use up that much overhead.

Q: Why did you drop the "NecessaryEvil" moniker?

DevilDoc said:
Sick. Just sick man.

I want to know how much of a system can be built to use up that much overhead.

Q: Why did you drop the "NecessaryEvil" moniker?

The decision was forced upon me after Kyle and I had a tiff. He deleted the account (twice), so I started anew.

Spectre said:

Well crap, you're right. I didn't go to the 3rd page to look for it.

Oh well

At least I should still be the first to order one....at least, the first to order a custom one ;)

SneakyOCF said:
what do you mean a custom one :confused:

custom length cables.

custom number of cable ends (3 rows of 4 SATA, 1 row of 4 Molex, 1 row of 5 Molex + 1 mini)

Oh, and 1 should be adequate for the future of my system...if I get a 2nd one, it'll be for a 2nd system ;)

That is one badass power supply. However, $489.00 for a PSU is rediculous. If you need the power though, there isn't a better choice.

Well, I got by on my PC Power & Cooling 510-CL1....but I didn't feel I had room for expansion. When I bought it, I was planning on dualcore + SLI...not dual PCU + SLI.

Dual Opterons + 7800GTX + 8 hdds. I don't know that I'm at the edge of my power envelope...but...

1. I've got room for 12 more hdds
2. I've got room for a 2nd 7800GTX
3. I could go dual core dual Opteron in the future (but since I am spending 1400 on a pair of Opteron 254s (damn you Sir-Fragalot!)....I doubt I'll do that)

I'm not buying it for what I need now. I'm buying it for how I believe my system could grow in the future.

Marduk said:
Well, I got by on my PC Power & Cooling 510-CL1....but I didn't feel I had room for expansion. When I bought it, I was planning on dualcore + SLI...not dual PCU + SLI.

Dual Opterons + 7800GTX + 8 hdds. I don't know that I'm at the edge of my power envelope...but...

3. I could go dual core dual Opteron in the future (but since I am spending 1400 on a pair of Opteron 254s (damn you Sir-Fragalot!)....I doubt I'll do that)

I'm not buying it for what I need now. I'm buying it for how I believe my system could grow in the future.

for that to be upgrade worthly, just get the 850 sli turbocool?

soulsaver

Why pay for an 850 to have it customized when for just $40 more I can get the 1KW unit?

I mean...if I'm spending this much on a damned power supply...why not go all the way?

I have the 850W version of that and its is more then enough to power a small city. Here is what mine powered with no problem:

Dual 250 opterons (had them up to 2.9Ghz for a while)
4GB RAM
7800GT
SCSI RAID CARD
SATA RAID CARD
9 x 15K HDDs
2 x 10K HDDs
8 x 7.2K HDDs
2 x optical
fans: 2 x 120mm, 4 x 92, and 2 x 80mm

edit- btw, no staggered spin ups..

lol wait til i have enough money for that dual, dual core opty setup with GTX SLI and all that crap... then ill need one of those....

then again... poor is me

Unless your running alot of HD's theres no point in the 1KW PSU.

The only way to justify would be if your running DUAL Socket DUAL Core Opterons with SLI Quadro 4400 and at least 6-12++ 10k-15k SCSI drives. This configuration would be hitting around 700W-850W depending on also how much memory was installed.

Asian Dub Foundation said:
lol wait til i have enough money for that dual, dual core opty setup with GTX SLI and all that crap... then ill need one of those....

then again... poor is me

not unless your running all those arrays as well
I have 2x244 Opterons, 4GB of PC2700 ECC, K8W and Ive had upto 10 HDDs + 2 opticals and they do fine on the 510, now if the external RAID drives where in the box I might need an 850SSI
actually employing one of those 1kW however, dual core quads? or an eight way? + a massive inbox RAID with full slots and dual PCI-E GPUs?

hard to imagine actually needing the 1kW over the 850
not that I wouldnt pony up the $40 anyway :p

Marduk said:

What did I do?!?!?!? :D

Back